Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

What are you looking forward to most about World Adventures?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2009, 12:06:32 PM PDT
Cory says:
Thought that I would create a discussion that isn't about petty, immature whinning.

What are you most looking forward to about World Adventures?

For me, I am really interested in the idea of the challanges with tomb exploring. It seems to be taking the game in a slightly different direction, and looks to be a wonderful opertunity for builders to expand storytelling and gameplay. I have a fervent passion for thrillers, mysteries, and adventure novels, so I am excited to see what storytellers can do with the triggers, traps, and treasure chests. I also love, for my own entertainment, to write adventure stories, so I might play with building a few tombs myself. the addition of china is perfect, because I have a story that deals with a chinese tomb that I have been writing for a while now. Might even use thesims3 WA to make a map, since it is a particularly complicated scene.

Posted on Oct 28, 2009, 7:04:42 PM PDT
Megjessie says:
I am looking forward to the fact that you get to take the Sims out of the neighborhood into the world and seeing what challenges come along.

Posted on Oct 29, 2009, 12:13:52 PM PDT
Cory says:
Snootysims just posted a bunch of links to hands on info. I know they did one on the 28th in the uk, and some fansites and fans were invited, so I am hoping to hear more.

I have enough set aside to buy it when it comes out, but I am going to be finishing up my final midterms for fall term when it comes out, so I might end up buying it, and sitting it on my desk until I finish my final tests, and my rough draft of my term paper on the movement of the horse head fiddle through the silk road, and its impact on western musical instruments and style. So much to dooo.

why does EA always release these games when I am in the middle of important things?

Posted on Nov 5, 2009, 6:56:32 AM PST
Velvet says:
I haven't read a lot about it (intentionally) so I'm most excited to find out what it entails! I've seen the screenshots on the official site but didn't read much, so not only are my sims going to have a grand adventure but so am I. There was so much cool stuff thrown into Sims 3 (the rubber duck for bathtime, for instance) that I was giddy discovering it, so I hope to recreate that with World Adventures.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009, 4:42:23 PM PST
Cory says:
from what I read from some of the people who got hands-on time at Redwood at the end of october, that the game is on such a huge scale that it was imossible to summerize it properly because there just wasnt enough time to even scratch the surface. coupled with the fact that the game offers so much in line of ability for players to create new adventures, that even what EA created will be the tip of the iceberg of what will be avalible in the coming months just from players exploring, masterying, and coming up with new ways to use and expand the adventure tomb buildings.

It is almost looking like they made this expansion pack with modders in mind as much as casual players. When the modders get their hands on it, they will likely be making mod sets to allow for new types of puzzles for tomb builders to expand upon the challange tomb builders can make for players. This game can theoretically be perpetually updated by new mods just for tomb traps and triggers.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009, 1:45:09 PM PST
I am looking foward to the new plants/foods and skills.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2009, 11:54:56 PM PST
animal lover says:
good luck with your work. I 'm playing 3 but missing parts of 2 . It would overload my computer to have both on. I'm looking forward to new job opportunities

Posted on Nov 12, 2009, 9:35:42 AM PST
Cory says:
I eventually just got rid of thesims2.missed moodlets and seamless nhood too much.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack
The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X, Windows Vista / XP)
3.8 out of 5 stars (262)