Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

"EA is looking at the possibility of using Sony's newly announced Cross Buy scheme for Need for Speed: Most Wanted" Buy the PS3 version get the PS Vita version Free

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 1, 2012, 6:27:59 AM PDT
Announced during Sony's Gamescom conference last night, PlayStation Cross Buy will allow players to buy a game on PS3 and download the Vita version free of charge.
"We're taking it under consideration," an EA spokesperson told IGN, "but we have no specific plans to announce at this time."

Cross Buy kicks off later this year with Sony's PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/363253/ps3vita-cross-buy-under-consideration-for-need-for-speed-most-wanted/

Posted on Sep 3, 2012, 8:27:12 AM PDT
JH says:
I'm considering making a preorder soon as they announce this. No really, if they officially announce this, then they'll have another preorder. I'm waiting to preorder until then.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012, 4:41:42 PM PDT
DarkOneX says:
Same here, if this happens then I'm preordering the PS3 one. If they don't then I'm gonna preorder the PC one, holding off till I hear more on this.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012, 5:45:44 PM PDT
i hadnt planned on buying the vita version, so this would be a bonus.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012, 8:38:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012, 8:39:50 AM PDT
EA may use Sony's Cross Buy System. EA already has their own Cloud Base save system in place for Need for Speed Most Wanted called "CloudCompete".

The open-world car game will feature CloudCompete, a system that keeps track of your stats in the game across platforms, so that race you won on the bus while playing your Vita will count when you log into your PS3. Cool!

Need for Speed Most Wanted will also feature all cars from the game, open from the start. So no grinding to earn that Bugatti. If you find it, you can drive it, right out of the box.

I was just going to get the PS3 version but now I will also buy the PS Vita version if EA doesn't consider the Cross Buy System.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726909/need-for-speed-most-wanteds-cloudcompete-system-announced/

Posted on Sep 14, 2012, 11:36:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012, 8:05:26 PM PDT
Mr.Z says:
I've said it else where and I'll say it again here, if EA actually jumps on board with it for this game the odds of my buying DLC will rise significantly. Sony should be doing whatever it takes to make it happen. I however won't not pay full price for two copies of the same game.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012, 11:07:01 AM PDT
I've actually been more interested in the Vita version of this game simply because I want a quality racing game on the Vita (At least I hope it turns out well) and didn't see any reason to buy both. If they announce cross buy I will definitely jump on the PS3 version and enjoy both...I just wish they would release more videos, etc. of just the Vita version. I don't want to pre-order it and then when it comes out it only looks as good as that $20 racer that released alongside the Vita.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012, 7:57:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012, 7:58:18 PM PDT
I know one thing Need for Speed Most Wanted for the Ps Vita will be better than Riiidddge Racerrrr for the PS Vita. LOL

I pre-ordered both the PS3 and PS Vita version. I also pre-ordered the PS Vita Assassin's Creed III Bundle all from Amazon.com. I sold my PS Vita First Edition Bundle then brought Amazon gift cards and applied them to the my pre-order.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Playstation 3
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (661)