Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 74 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 28, 2013, 6:16:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013, 6:19:23 AM PST
Watcher says:
It has been a Dark Souls weekend for me... I was even dreaming about different strategies to use in the game! Those Silver Knight Archers with the Demonslayer Bows that shoot Javelins in Anor Lando are a biaaatch!!! After dying twice, I finally got over to the one on the right and slashed him with my Demonslayer Spear +5 and just couldn't leave well enough alone. I wanted the archer on the left to pay, too, so while I was walking back over there with my Havel's shield pointed away from the wall, angled toward the archer, when his arrow/javelin hit my shield, it kinda richocheted me off the wall and I fell to my death... again!!! I was laughing because I could have just let him be and moved on through the level but NoooOOoooo... I just had to get some revenge.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 6:19:15 AM PST
Docgreedo says:
Yeah you got to just kill the one on the right and let the other go. Once you make if off the ledge there's a hidden door with a campfire.

Plat'd Dead Space last night; pretty easy if you use the kinesis refill cheat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 6:20:45 AM PST
Watcher says:
Oooooo!!! What is this you say about a Kinesis refill cheat? Do tell. Wait.... I forgot I gave that game to my nephew. I wonder if it works for Dead Space 2?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 6:23:11 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Congrats, Doc!

I never got Ni No Kuni this weekend so I better get it today. I bought Unfinished Swan with the PSN sale and beat it on Saturday along with inFamous: Festival of Blood. I finished getting the few trophies in Festival of Blood I missed on Sunday and beat Alien Breed: Impact as well.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 6:38:50 AM PST
skillet says:
Alien Breed: Impact, which one is that 1, 2 or 3, Pardee? I plat AB1, short of a plat for AB2 by 1 or 2 co-op trophies, and don't have AB3.

I bought Swan also and played the first level. Unfortunately it is first person, along with partial images gave me a headache.

Congrats, Doc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 6:42:36 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Impact is the first one. It was a fun game but I suck at those games so I'm not going for the plat. I went out of my way for a couple easier trophies but I ended at only 48%. I have AB2 that I need to play as well so I will get to that eventually.

That's too bad to hear about Unfinished Swan. I really liked that game and the blank canvas thing was really interesting.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 7:14:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013, 7:15:37 AM PST
B. McBeth says:
I tried out the MGR:R demo and played a little Soul Calibur V, and I have to say, I don't like it, it just doesn't feel like previous SC titles that I've played. Not only that but it's like they killed off a bunch of characters and put in their offspring or something. Not only that but one of the last people I had to beat in Arcade was Kilik and he was able to use everybody else's weapons. It was weird. I'm glad I gamefly'ed this one.

Anyone else try the MGRising demo? The blade time is a neat thing, but not sure ... I might wait for a price drop or rental before trying this one out fully.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 7:16:23 AM PST
Watcher says:
Just sold my Black Friday Bundle PS3 to a coworker for $250. It's a good Monday so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 7:21:27 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
So you've been bitten by the Obsession. Nice.

For me it was a LOT of cooping with the wife on R&C All4One. Pretty fun actually, though there are spots where ammo management is a PITA.

Also, worked on Rochard (I think I'm almost done) and started and finished Unfinished Swan (only have that stupid hard trophy left.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 7:40:38 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
How is Rochard? I have it on my PSN but I haven't tried it yet.

The Minimalist trophy was annoying to get. I watched a video on how to do it and it wasn't that bad doing that. The area that I kept having issues with was in the room where the king's head statue is. I could get to the ramp but I kept falling when it turns and on the opposite side right after the swan's footprints. The time I got it I actually only used two balls of paint. The first was after I got up the ramp in the king's head room. I used it after the set of swan's footprints so I could tell where the walkway was. The second was hitting the start of the staircase so I could make sure I went up the correct one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 7:46:47 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I got past that point by the kings head with my first ball by hitting the side of the ramp, then I made it past those footprints. Used two more on the wood ramp before the menagerie. Got lost (looking up, grrr. in the area with the last stairs - prolly in the middle between them. I'll try again tonight.

Rochard starts off well but I'm kinda bored now - most of the trophies are for different ways of killing enemies and I have most of them now. I just want to finish it to finish it at this point. Won't be going for the "find all of X" trophies.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 7:48:19 AM PST
Rab says:
Darks Souls how I miss thee. Ehh I just played a bunch of BLOPs2, some DmC, and some NNk this weekend. I started posting some videos online of my gaming experiences. It's kinda fun, but man do I not like the time required to edit and convert and upload vids.

I don't know why but today I'm super tired. I didn't go to bed too late last night. Maybe it's bc today is so muggy and humid.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 7:51:13 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Using a ball was definitely needed for me to get to the tiled roof. From there I didn't need any until the stairs though. Just make sure to put your sights on the golden pieces you can see. Once you are off the roof, go towards the golden swan feet, from there you should be able to see the unicorn horn, from there go to where you are between the pigs tail and the chicken leg. Stare forward between those and shoot a ball slightly upwards and you should hit between the stair cases so you can walk up the correct one.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 7:52:50 AM PST
J. says:
My MGS HD collection arrived, but my PS3 gaming is on hold until we move into a new place.

I'm starting to make a list of classic games I want to pick up and play once my new gaming room is set up.

What I'm looking for are some of the best brawlers and shmups that I can play on my PS3, PSP, and Wii.

Any recommendations?

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 8:24:05 AM PST
Spudkitty says:
Morning Peeps. :) I just finished Tales of Vesperia ... 108 hours worth. Ugh.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 8:26:24 AM PST
J. says:
Holy cow, it's teh Kitty.

Glad to have you back. Where have you been spending your time?

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 8:26:30 AM PST
Rab says:
Wow that's a bunch of hours. That looks like my number though. My Tales of Graces F is already at 90 and I"m not finished with the extra dungeon yet.

My P4G is already up to 110.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 8:26:33 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
J, shmups as in bullet hell sorta games? There isn't many on PS3. There is Soldner X 1-2 which is pretty good on PSN and Under Defeat HD.

WB Kitty, long time no see (you post). ToV was awesome, did you enjoy it? By the sound of your "ugh" at the end, guessing you felt it dragged on?

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 8:28:50 AM PST
Rab says:
If you had a Vita J, I'd recommened Sine Mora.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 8:29:26 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Morning, Kitty! You need to visit us more often.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 8:31:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013, 8:31:48 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
ohh yeah, Sine Mora is a good one, its on PS3 as well.

Brawlers...hmm....Double Dragon Neon? Scott Pilgrim. Can't think of anything else.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 8:33:58 AM PST
skillet says:
Shank. In fact Shank 2 was free on Plus.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013, 8:36:21 AM PST
Spudkitty says:
Guess I have been away for awhile! Gyoza, I did enjoy ToV ... thought the story was good, with a couple of great twists at the end. Waaaayyy too many side missions though. I mean, does Repede really have to pee in every bit of Vesperia real estate? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 8:40:04 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Which way is up, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013, 8:46:23 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Hell if I know.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  74
Initial post:  Jan 28, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
PlayStation 3, 20GB
PlayStation 3, 20GB by Sony (PlayStation 3)
2.4 out of 5 stars (103)