Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 181-190 of 457 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,142 reviews
on July 17, 2015
Fantastic! All I did was plug it in, waited a couple minutes and I was making and receivieng calls.
on July 25, 2012
upon trying to register the product it has already been registered and cannot re-register it unless i have the prior email and password credentials for the product. The product being received is setup for blatant fraud. I contacted magic jack and they stated they cannot register the product and have advised me to return the items as it cannot be used. The fact that there is a 15% charge for me to return the item and plus shipping is not acceptible as the item was not able to be used and is a obvious attempt for the seller to still make a profit regardless if the item is kept. Also even if using the existing number it will only allow me to use for five months before it is disconnected and CANNOT use my own payment method or in fact use it afterwards. This is an obvious setup for the seller to make money by having the item returned for "restocking fees plus shipping" There were also 3 other number which im sure were other victims of this scam.... DO NOT BUY BEWARE!!
on October 2, 2013
It wasn't easy to set up,did get it working,from my base phone with WI Fi and quality sound phone and three connected. phones are all working well Has , I,Hear everyone just fine.Will love paying only $19.00 a year..
on October 23, 2014
Works just fine for the price! Occasional beep...just ignore. If the phone can't save a message, Magic Jack saves it & emails the recording!
on June 24, 2013
I love this product! It is saving me tons of money and is quite reliable. As long as your internet is reliable, so is this product. And with the money saved by using a MJP, you might be able to afford better internet coverage!
on November 27, 2014
Didn't work as I had expected. I returned it.
on April 21, 2012
MagicJack Plus is the biggest RIPOFF because the product doesn't work as advertised and the customer service is a nightmare because they don't have a phone number to call (Only Chat)
I returned my MagicJack because they couldn't fix it or make it work (it was dropping calls) Thanks to Amazon.com they made the return easy but I am still waiting to get credit back for the 5 year service I purchased from MagicJack.
I was charged $125.49 on March 13th and I am still waiting for the credit, guys don't buy the MagicJack it's a nightmare
on October 28, 2016
Installation wasnt that hard but when you have to activate its hard as hell when i plugged into the router it didnt want to work error code (3002). The only way i got it working was through my laptop and you cant turn your laptop off.
review image review image
on December 16, 2012
We ordered MagicJack Plus on February 2012 and have been reasonably satisfied with it so far. Good sound quality for the most part. Hiccups here and there. BUT AS OF DECEMBER 13, 2012, MAGIC JACK PLUS STOPPED WORKING IN STAND ALONE MODE (no calls out or in; it immediately goes to voicemail when you try to call it). I connected the unit to my laptop and it worked fine. While trying to troubleshoot it, I noticed the MagicJack app downloaded an update. Perhaps this is why the unit stopped working?!

So I plugged the unit back into the 120VAC outlet and plugged in the ethernet cable and whaddya know?! It started to work again! So if your MJ Plus suddenly failed around this day, try plugging it into your laptop that has a MagicJack app loaded on it and see if it updates the little bugger.

Enjoy!

UPDATE:
I discovered that the problem is still there (we live in an, off grid, solar powered house and usually shut off the power at night since the house batteries are so cold and the nights are so long). So there definitely appears to be a sequence of events you must follow in order to make it work in stand alone mode:

1)unplug ethernet cable from MJ plus
2)unplug MJ+ from the little power supply
3)wait a few seconds and plug the MJ+ back into the power.
4)the blue light will immediately come on and after ten seconds or so, a green light will start blinking, next to the blue light.
5)now you can plug in the ethernet cable and the phone should work.

Update 1/18/2013!
Well the little power supply finally failed and I believe that was the culprit all along! I logged into the MagicJack website and found the link to order a new power supply and it just arrived!! Plugged it in and it is happy!

It could be that the little power supply cannot tolerate modified sine wave power from the Duracell inverter I reviewed here:

Normally we use the main house inverter, an Outback FX2024.
on December 15, 2013
For the price of it, I can't beat the reception. It is better than our cell phone reception by a long shot. I am excited to be connected to the outside world again while inside the house.