Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
[UPDATED] asked by cristina v on December 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I own (and love) both of these cameras, but the 6D is my new favorite for the grandchildren. It is quieter and you will never need a flash. The high ISO means you can use a faster shutter indoors -- fewer blurry kids.
SEN answered on December 21, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If all you want is to photograph your kids, a Canon 60D (with its nice articulating screen) might be a better choice, and you'll save tons of money which you can use to buy better lenses.
Jose Elias answered on December 20, 2012
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi C.
If mychildren were active types, I would probably lean toward the Canon 7 D, with its higher fps. But if my kids were more of the school-play type, I would get the 6D with its better low light performance.

Hope my reply is of help.
:-)
P. Vo answered on December 20, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The 7D may have a better AF system, but there is nothing wrong with the 6D AF. With practice and skill, you can work around any 6D AF deficiencies for your application. But the 7D will not get you the low-light indoor shots that the 6D will. I upgraded from a 40D basically because of the high quality high ISO. It is amazing how the indoor shots of my grandchildren come out.
GFU answered on February 25, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you have money to get 6D, don't even look at 7D. 6D is full frame while 7D is crop. While 7D is faster technically, 6D in my opinion will still outperform due to its bigger sensor and better low light capability. 7D could be better to shoot real action sports in good light. For kid's action/sports and low light, 6D is what i would purchase
Ashish Jain answered on February 23, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
More of a comment than an answer. I'm looking as well, but it will be awhile. So far, I see very little difference because I shoot mostly full manual mode (throw back to my days before auto anything). That said, I like the WiFi and GPS in the 6D and hope it's still available when I'm ready to buy. I travel a lot, and having the extra info embedded it awesome!
The BW answered on February 7, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi, 7D has faster rate of focusing but 6d has better low light performance. I'll say 7D as it focus more on sports and animals shooting users : ) hope that help
A. Sun answered on December 20, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
6d is very good at shooting indoors and at low light. DSLR offers limited depth of field, which the point and shoot camera lacks.

www.squidoo.com/canon-6d-digital-slr
Q. Yuan answered on December 20, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi! What do you think if I can use Olympus Zuiko Digital 12-60mm lens for Canon 6D? I have to buy special adapter? And how is gonna be work? May be somebody use this combination before ? Thanks!
Lollahon Groveman answered on March 20, 2014
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product