Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
How many devices can this router handle simultaneously?
asked by Jeremy on February 16, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Six according to Linksys but I have had 8 devices on at one time with no problem.
Ron answered on February 23, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a Mac-Mini, a Macbook Pro, 2 HP Laptops, 1 Gateway desktop PC, two Iphones, one Android, 4 Rokus, 1 Tivo, 1 Tablet, 1 Canon Pixma printer, 1 HP printer, and 1 Amazon Firestick connected to my E2500 wirelessly. I also have an Obi202 VoIP adapter hardwired to one of the ethernet ports. It handles all of these devices with no problem. Whoever said 6 or 8 or 10 is mistaken.
Andrew Zampariolo answered on February 12, 2015
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The default setting is 100 devices (including the 4 wired ports), but you can change that to virtually any number. However, for best results, even with dual-band, I would limit connectivity to 50 per band, but you can go higher if you choose.
Sam answered on February 17, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We use its with as many as 8 wireless and two plugged into the CAT5 jacks on the back without issue.
Paul T. answered on February 17, 2013

A
Jeremy, I don't know if this will answer your question but I'll give it a try. This device has 4 Ethernet ports (no USB). Currently, we have 3 laptops, a media server, an iPhone and a Smart TV using it. Performance seems good. I've never really tested it to give you specifics. We are not heavy users of streaming video but have watched video on our Smart TV from the media server and that works well. We don't have any iPads or tablets and there are just two of us here at home. Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out again if you have other questions.
James F. Heutmaker answered on February 17, 2013

A
John Poole answered on February 17, 2013

A
Let me elaborate , 10 with no speed degradation, from my personal experience
John Poole answered on February 17, 2013

A
Depends on a number of factors, how big is your house/apartment and what kind of network cards do your devices have. If the cant utilize the 5Ghz band then I would say around 6 on full load is about max. But with both bands you could probably do around 20.
Haakon Johannesen answered on February 17, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product