Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Batman Incorporated, Vol. 1 forum

How many issues is this going to collect?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2011, 6:02:00 AM PDT
B. S. Barker says:
Dc lists this as 7 issues. The series is ending at #10. I'm guessing the second trade won't just have 3 issues in it. Do you think this will collect the whole series? The page count seems big enough.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011, 2:48:29 PM PDT
I'm certainly hoping it will. It doesn't make much sense to collect the vast majority of Batman, Inc. just to leave it dangling with three issues leftover. Issue 10 is supposed to act as a "season finale," with Batman Inc. returning in 2012 so Grant Morrison can finish up his story. I could certainly understand it if they collected the first five or six issues here, then released a second volume in advance of whatever Morrison has planned for next year. But seven out of 10 seems like an odd way to structure this. I had actually expected this volume to have all 10 issues based on the page count here until I saw that solicit too. But, DC's solicit was also for September, while Amazon is currently listing this as a December release. Maybe something has changed within DC and they couldn't revise the solicits before they were released? Hopefully we'll get some answers soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2011, 2:15:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2011, 2:20:04 PM PDT
I hope this contain the 10 issues for "season" 1. Indeed it'll be ridiculous to have 7 issues and only 3 for volume 2, although it seems someone's playing with my feelings here.

Originally the book was advertised as 256 pages, but now Amazon have it as a 208 pages.

I pre-order it for the 256 pages. If is less... bye bye then.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2011, 1:17:05 PM PDT
No problem. I wrote Amazon and the amount of pages is back to 256. Hope stays that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011, 6:07:31 PM PDT
M. Cook says:
Looking on the DC Site, it seems that issue 8 is the last in the series. Issue 10 was meant to be the last -- with September being the big relaunch. Of course, Inc. is being relaunched early next year with a new #1, so alas, I think only 8 issues will make it in this volume.

Posted on Aug 22, 2011, 7:46:46 PM PDT
Seth Nunes says:
I think what happened was that Morrison had to re-write scripts to make a new ending now that Batman INC would be ending at issue 10 instead of issue 25. He couldn't come out with the final 2 issues in time for the september relaunch so DC is going to put out a double sized "special" issue that would have been 9 and 10 later this year. I hope this collection is delayed because it makes NO sense to leave only 3 issues out of the collection. I read this off of comicbookresources.com in an official news statement, so I think the information is 100% accurate.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2011, 2:12:23 PM PDT
I've read the same account on a few sites also. 9 & 10 will be released as a double-sized issue to set up Morrison's 12-part maxi-series, "Batman: Levathian," which will end his run with the character. DC has not really revealed any info on what this, or future, trades will contain. The original solicit for Batman INC, Vol 1. was set to collect the first seven issues, but the reboot and lateness in getting the final batch of INC issues ready for print has thrown a wrench in things. We should get at least seven issues here, but it'd certainly be nice if they held off and just collected the whole thing. I have not seen the trade re-listed in any of the new monthly solicits for October or November, and no mention of the double-sized issue either. So, we'll just have to wait and see I guess...

Posted on Aug 23, 2011, 2:39:52 PM PDT
I would also love they just wait and collect all in one book. Seven issues in one and 3 or 4 issues in another is just silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011, 7:28:04 PM PDT
Ragdoll says:
It would make the most sense for them to collect 1-9 in this book then collect Batman: Leviathan into two books.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011, 2:01:33 PM PDT
1-8, you mean

Posted on Sep 18, 2011, 7:20:55 PM PDT
There´s no sense at all in that.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011, 5:45:34 PM PDT
This hardcover will contain issues 1-8 of Batman, Inc. unless recent developments prompt DC to delay it in order to include the "Leviathan Strikes" issue, which is being released Dec. 21 as an 80-page one-shot.
Solicitations for DC's December releases: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34464
More info at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34470

Now, I have no idea if this HC release will be delayed...I kinda doubt it at this point, but it would be ideal particularly since Grant Morrison calls the Leviathan release, ""The long-awaited conclusion to season 1..." Maybe Amazon will make it available or it will be released in a future collection (most probable, I'd say).

Posted on Sep 20, 2011, 6:28:19 AM PDT
I wouldn't mind if they delay this particular hardcover in order to include Leviathan.

It makes no sense to get an incomplete hardcover and then another one with 80 pages only.

Posted on Sep 20, 2011, 10:17:19 PM PDT
J. Soares says:
My guess is that it'll be included when DC collects Batman: Leviathan.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011, 1:29:16 PM PDT
C. Mitchem says:
Yeah, Leviathan is going to be a 7 issue conclusion, and Leviathan Strikes (while deemed the END of Season 1) is supposed to be a prologue to that arc. So Inc. should be divided tidily into two 8 issue HCs by the end of it all.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011, 6:49:05 AM PDT
7 issue conclusion?. I thought Leviathan was going to be double issue. I guess if is going to be 7 issues then it have sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011, 7:09:39 AM PDT
I thought Leviathan was supposed to be 12. I wonder if it's shortened to make up for the Leviathan Strikes double-issue (which was actually supposed to be Batman, Inc. 9 & 10...but that series was originally supposed to be longer than just 10 issues anyway...).

Man, this DC reboot has really screwed things up for Inc. At least it wasn't cancelled and dismissed entirely!

Posted on Sep 26, 2011, 10:00:49 AM PDT
B. S. Barker says:
The Leviathan series still stands at 12 issues next year. Hopefully it will start right away in January.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 5:34:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2011, 5:35:14 PM PST
Official Solicit is out, it includes the issues 1-8 + Leviathan Strikes. Unfortunately it's now solicited for April 11, 2012.

"Retailers: This item is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.
The first eight issues of the hot new series are collected in this new, deluxe edition hardcover - which now includes new BATMAN INCORPORATED: LEVIATHAN STRIKES #1!"

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 8:08:40 PM PST
Seth Nunes says:
Sure, we now have to wait longer, but DC did the right thing by resoliciting this. Can't wait to have it sitting on my shelf.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 6:44:18 AM PST
Completely agree!

As I said before, I don't mind wait longer if is done right.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 8:52:29 AM PST
OFFICIAL:

"The first eight issues of the hot new series are collected in this new, deluxe edition hardcover - which now includes new BATMAN INCORPORATED: LEVIATHAN STRIKES #1!"

264 pg, but it was pushed for APRIL 11 (which I have no problems with).

Good move, DC!

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 1:08:47 PM PST
Ragdoll says:
I was really hoping to get this before the year ended. I'm disappointed.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 1:47:40 PM PST
Really? I'm pretty happy about it. Yeah, I'll have to wait longer, but the content is way better than before and holds a lot more sense than just 7 issues.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011, 11:16:53 AM PST
Sami Tabbara says:
YES! This is great news!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Batman Incorporated, Vol. 1
Batman Incorporated, Vol. 1 by Chris Burnham (Hardcover - April 17, 2012)
3.9 out of 5 stars (48)