Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 7, 2010 7:52:25 AM PDT
While I think there is something to be said for eating more protein, there is also A LOT to be said about the meat industry and how unhealthy and unnatural it has become to the point where most cows are fed corn or even cow rather than allowed to graze. They are given enough antibiotics to cause many antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria. This isn't even taking into consideration that some of the meat is from cloned animals. Watch Food Inc. if you want learn what's really going on in the meat industry, then come back and tell me how safe you feel existing on a diet that is meat based.

It's gotten to the point where, if you are educated about what is going on in the food industry, you'd almost prefer not to eat at all as it starts to feel like the safest choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2010 1:01:08 PM PDT
Susan, OCC says:
You are absolutely right - the meat industry in this country is unnatural and unhealthy. For us AND for the animals. This way of eating is not just about eating ANY meat, but HEALTHY meat. Animals from the big meat industry feed lots are not particularly healthy animals.

I was a vegetarian for over 10 years, not because I had a problem with eating meat, but because I have problems with the concept and practice of feed lots/slaughtering practices. Then I married a hunter and had access to game. We now purchase local, pastured beef, pork, poultry and lamb. We have actually met most of the farmers. We think this is a far more natural and healthy way to sustain ourselves and world.

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 7:43:13 AM PST
Adrienne ,
Meat is unhealthy if your buying it from your local super market. Your shopping in the wrong Markets.
That said, if you go to a whole foods market, you will find meat that is Organic. Does Not have Anti-biotics, or Arsenic, or fed Soy, etc. You can buy Grass feed meat where the animals are free to eat the Organic grass, bugs, are not stuffed into a stall, are allowed to be with there babies, are not shot with hormons to fatten them up etc, and are killed humanly..

When you eat Eggs that are not pastured , your eating what the chicken was fed..
You might want to go to your local farmers market, and find eggs from chickens that are really free range, Pastured to eat organic grass, not shot up with poisons, and fed Soy to fatten them up..
I also buy Organic butter, even though we do not eat much butter, but my company does. Its yellow
without food coloring added to it, and has great taste.

Eating package prosessed foods , fast foods, is what is making this country Fat, Diabetic, and sick.
I also have the DVD, Food Inc..He is a bit extreme, not saying he is wrong, but you have to be smart on how you market. BUY ORGANIC..Although some veggies do not have to be organic. Such as Yams, banana's, alvacato (sp?) Kiwi, onions, garlic..etc.
I don't care how much you wash some veggies, you cannot get off the Poisons sprayed . There grown in the foods, from the depleted spray poison dirt.such as white Potatos, salads greens, carrots, root veggies, Strawberries are the worse, as all berries are, and many more are poisioning us.
there are some good books out there. Check around and you will find them.

(not checking this post for speeelling)

Posted on May 14, 2011 7:05:07 AM PDT
Ed Carp says:
Two keys to maintaining (or improving) your health if you eat meat:

1. Eat meat that's been locally obtained and is free from hormones and other artificial junk.
2. Stop eating so much meat! You don't need all that much meat to get the amino acids and other nutrients that your body needs. A piece of meat the size of a kid's hamburger at McDonald's a couple of times a week is enough - a quarter-pounder with cheese every day is *way* too much!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 11:24:58 PM PDT
Ivy says:
References please! (I doubt you have any!)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Search Customer Discussions