Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,223 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,634 reviews
on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2525 comments| 662 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2015
I got the all black ones and i absolutely love them. They are half the price of the ones i almost bought at sunglass hut and you can tell they are authentic by the engraved "RB." I think I am going to order another pair!!
review image review image
1111 comments| 354 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2016
Guys be extra careful where you order your shades from i got these from Jones Deals for a great price and fulfilled by amazon so i thought since they have the "fulfilled by amazon" stamp they had to be legit right ? Wrong wrong wrong these are "ok" knockoffs and if you dont anything about ray bans you will get fooled. The very next day i got a new pair direct from amazon with no middle man in between and boy its like night and day.

First off the boxes are different sizes.

Aside from the different size the fakes just decided to use a different box altogether.

Notice the "®" inside the ray ban logo the fonts are different very subtle but they are different.

Looking in the logo circle again notice the word "sunglasses" the black case is the fake now look at the "gla" letters on one the letters are bunched up and off center on the other the letters are perfectly spaced and on line.

The clothe to clean the lens well you see for yourself which is real and which is fake just the detailing alone is a giveaway.

Cases are cut different fakes are cut in a straight line the real ones have a nice arch to them also the feel inside the case is softer on the real ones.

Even the booklets aren't right the color is duller missing info and my goodness even the address is wrong WOW.

Back of the book looks the same but the color is way off.

Look at the etching on the fake ones the "RB" isnt where its supposed to be as opposed to the authentic where its perfectly in line with the leg of the shades.

Some other notes the "mirror" effect on the fakes seem to be louder or exaggerated as to the authentic where its not as pronounced.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2016
Authentic Ray-Bans. ORDERED from DELUXE ZOOM. The best sunglasses I've received.
on May 9, 2015
I am so disappointed to see that the Ray Ban printed on the Glass is chipping out in just a little over one month after I bought it. See the image.
review image
77 comments| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2014
This review is for the Matte gold with Green mirror lenses.
I absolutely love Rayban sunglasses. That being said, I own 2 other pairs of Rayban Aviators 58mm that I bought from Sunglass Hut. One is a regular gradient lense while the other is the Blue flash lense. I ordered the Green flash lense from Amazon due to the cost in an attempt to save money since I am obssessed with high end sunglasses. When I received the product I was pleasantly surprised at first glance. They were packaged well in a Rayban box with label attached and were exactly as pictured and true to size. However, once I compared them to the original packaging from Sunglass Hut and compared the glasses side to side, I began to doubt its authenticity. First I will describe how my glasses in original packaging came from Sunglass Hut. The glasses I purchased had never been opened so the box was exactly as it was sent from the manufacturer. The Rayban box has no outward markings aside from the product label and the Rayban logo on front. The glasses were wrapped in a plain, clear plastic to protect the arms from scratching the lense. Glasses themselves have all the etchings and labels along with description on the inside arms. The authentic Raybans have a very clean look to the Matte Gold and are very smooth to touch.
The product I received from the Amazon seller- I ordered from a third party, however it was fulfilled by Amazon and had Prime shipping affixed. The box was the gray Rayban box with legit logo attached, however it had a recycling symbol on it that I have never seen on any other Rayban box. The label also typically has several different numbers including a serial number for the product warranty and this label simply had a generic bar code along with "Large Avaitor Sunglasses" on it. The glasses themselves were sealed in a plastic baggy and inside were wrapped with clear plastic to prevent the lenses from being scratched. The glasses from Amazon have all the etchings as they should, however the Raybans logo is very light when compared to the original and does not even show up in photographs and the RB etching is completely different in appearance from the originals. The frame also has all the correct markings on the arms and nosepads, but the frame feels extremely gritty and unpleasant to touch, is very stiff and difficult to open, and is very dull compared to the others. The pamplet from the ordered glasses that come standard with all Raybans was also very faded and looked like it was copied from a copier rather than original.
The carrying case and cleaning cloth is the only thing that appears legitimate. They are 100% the same as all other cases/cloths I have ever owned.
That being said, the sunglasses I ordered are actually nice glasses when you can get past opening them and the gritty touch. The color of the lenses are identical to the ones from Raybans. I honestly debated on keeping the glasses just because overall by looking at them they do look nice. BUT they just do not feel like authentic Raybans and I doubt they will last as long. I am returning them.
I am sure that with all the different sellers, selling these glasses on Amazon that some are legit. This review is simply from the seller I ordered from for these glasses.
on March 19, 2014
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2015
It is not the same color! I mean I got different color not the same color that show in here. I really dislike it & see the pic I post it to make sure it is different
on July 12, 2015
I love them. Delivery was on time. I will order again..
on January 10, 2016
I have chronic dry eye problems and must wear sunglasses whenever I am outside. So I am very familiar with different brands and I own 3 pairs of RayBan RB3025 which are my go-to sunglasses if I know I am going to be wearing them any length of time, like 3-4 hours straight. Other brands just become too uncomfortable after an hour or so.

With all the gorgeous new colors RB is now producing, I ordered two pairs of Ray-Ban RB3025, one a dark purple, Violet Mirror, and one pair of a lighter purple, Lilac Mirror. I thought I would give one pair to my niece as a surprise gift.

Both pairs of sunglasses were delivered in the same box but when I opened up the individual RB boxes, I was surprised to find two pairs of dark purple, Violet Mirror, sunglasses. The sunglasses were identical but oddly enough the numbers on the boxes and on the sunglasses were different.

Now how can this be? Same exact color, style, etc but different numbers on the RayBan package and sunglasses arm.

Originally, I was thinking that there was a mistake in the packing and someone put two identical pairs of RayBan instead of the dark purple and lilac pair that I had ordered. But with further investigation, I found that the ID numbers on the box and the sunglasses were different, even though visually both pairs of sunglasses were identical in color, size and every other aspect. Logically, if the sunglasses were identical shouldn't they have identical style, color, etc numbers?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.