Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Is this what I need to be able to listen to TV audio when I work out in the gym. The audio is sent over AM radio waves.
asked by Diana S. Gaughan on January 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
Im not positive, but if you just need a device that plays AM radio, this will do that. It would be a little bulky if you have to hold it or clip to your body though, so would probably only recommend if it can be rested on a stand.
Tac answered on January 28, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Where I live, the TV stations do not broadcast on the AM radio frequency. Maybe certain AM radio stations are picking up recorded TV broadcasts and re-playing the audio on their AM station. Otherwise I wouldn't know the answer to your question.
Tom V. answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you gym sends the signals, this picks up AM, FM and weather. So it would work great. The old one that I have could pick up tv audio when local stations we broadcasting over the air, it was great for listening to Leno's monologue...but alas no more.
Shempfan answered on January 28, 2013

A
yes
Alison McLennan answered on January 28, 2013

A
You use to be able to before all the televisions went Hi Def. I use to be able to listen to the news and TV shows, but not anymore. The radio is still good though, I love it. It is small, portable, and reception is good.
alex answered on January 28, 2013

A
I am afraid where I live the TV is not broadcast over the AM. I find the unit very good - it has a belt clip and is lightweight. You can lock the station so that it does not drift whilst you are moving. If you can get an answer to the TV issue, I think it probably would be suitable for use in the gym. It is not much bigger than a larger stop watch and so is quite compact.
Russell pettis answered on January 29, 2013

A
It works pretty well for that. Main prob is the power button sticks out a bit and it gets turned on when not in use- like in a purse -, and battery runs down.
BenThereDoneThat answered on January 29, 2013

A
I think the comment by Alex (below) is the most accurate. I lost my tv-audio on an older radio when the stations went to Hi-Def. So, I would say No to your question.
F.Lea answered on January 29, 2013

A
no. It's just a radio AM and FM.
preciousmud answered on January 29, 2013

A
I been using my first radio for years, even my brother got one from me as a gift. Is so helpful, to listening music and sports.
marina answered on January 30, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product