Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen
netflix and BD-P1500 Does any one know if BD-P1500 can stream Netflix?
asked by Thomas on November 24, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 38 answers
A
S. Wagner answered on December 21, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mick_Under the Influence answered on January 18, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There's a post on CNET Forums from Samsung HD Tech that states this unit does not have the necessary components to run Netflix in any future updates (internal memory not large enough and internal board cannot support the application)-

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?forumID=146&threadID=318390&messageID=2919540
A. Noe answered on February 14, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a ROKU box for streaming NETFLIX and I have cable internet and the quality is amazing. So you may have a poor internet connection. The service first tests your internet speed and then decides which version of the movie to stream, a lower quality or a higher quality depending on your connection.

I have been very satisfied with the Netflix streaming since I too was skeptical about streaming movies at first.

Also be sure to use the HDMI output and not s-video since HDMI provides the best quality picture.
Sri Sri answered on January 10, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
S-Video is not high-def, you will get deterioration
P. Gupta answered on January 31, 2009

A
It cannot stream Netflix ,anyway it's a piece of junk. My broke after 6 months nd they wanted $86 to fix it.
Thomas answered on December 11, 2009

A
No it can't out of the box. This unit is "ready" but does not include a wifi adapter in the box. The Samsung BD-P1500, BD-P1590 and BD-P1600 are all this way.

If you want a Samsung Blu-ray player that has the wifi includes you have to buy the Samsung BD-P3600 or players above this part number. I have seen the BD-P3600 priced from $199.99 to $349.99 with free shipping.

You have to purchase a wifi adapter, which can cost around $80.00 or more. You have to use the Samsung wifi adapter with the BD-P1500 others won't work for Netflix or Pandora.

Good luck
W. Smith answered on December 11, 2009

A
amazon is claiming it does for their black friday deals, but Samsung claims it does not.

Amazon should be selling the bd-2500 for $199 come friday...
zorbon94 answered on November 24, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just went on to Netflix. It says only the Samsung BD-P2500/BD-P2550 players can work with the watch instantly feature. Hopefully after the holiday season Samsung will issue a firmware update for this player to watch instantly. I doubt they will let this player use Watch Instantly for the holidays as BD-P2500/BD-P2550 are $400.00 players.

To be honest I would like to watch some of the movies instantly but it's not going to make me pay an extra $200 more for.
Gregory Pomes answered on November 25, 2008

A
Are you sure it's the BD-P1500 ?
Thomas answered on December 7, 2008
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product