Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Am I the only one who gets it with defective non stick plates?
asked by RacerR4c3r on October 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
My plates seem to be pretty non-stick and very easy to clean. Are you using a little Pam or butter/oil when you use the press? I spray a little Pam on before making any sandwiches and have not had s problem.
Laura Hagenbuch answered on October 8, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I Do The Speed Limit answered on October 8, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well I can't speak for everyone but I haven't had any trouble with mine, although it is still fairly new.
Da Bears answered on October 8, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The plates on mine were good, in spite of the other issues with the unit.
JackieLa answered on October 9, 2012

A
My plates have not shown any sign of being defective.
Kindle Customer answered on October 9, 2012

A
My plates are still good, and my sister has one too and her plates are good also. But I want to get this as a replacement: http://www.hsn.com/kitchen-dining/greenpan-ultimate-sear-1800-watt-gourmet-nonstick-grill-with-10-recipe-cards_p-6513098_xp.aspx
yaya007 answered on October 9, 2012

A
My plates are fine. For normal cooking we put nothing on our Cuisinart Griddler plates, but when we use the waffle plates (purchased separately) we use our Misto Gourmet Olive Oil Sprayer to mist the plates lightly with olive oil between each set of waffles. Clean up is always a breeze.
woodworker4life answered on October 9, 2012

A
I always use a light spritz of Pam, regardless of the "non-stick" status and it hasn't ever failed me. Try that and hopefully you won't have anymore issues!
pmeda answered on October 9, 2012

A
unfortunately you must be. I have one of these and it has worked perfectly. Temp controls work great. It cleans up easily and nothing sticks to the plates that won't come off with soap and water. Sorry it wasn't so for you. Use cooking spray on plates as reccommeneded by the makers.
Ralph C. Browne answered on October 10, 2012

A
Ive got an older model from around 2008/9. My plates have started to lose their nonstick coating. Theyve only been handwashed. Theyve got a nice black coating of crap that has gotten stuck on them over the years.
Miguel answered on September 17, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product