Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Battlefield 4 - Xbox One forum

Can you only play with people on the same console?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2013, 6:26:22 AM PDT
Hey I know normally its standard that you can only play with people on the same console (ps 3 can only play bf3 with other ps3 players and vice versa) but I was curious since this is coming out literally right at the same time as the big next generation console upgrade if you could play with people playing on consoles from the same company? Surely the servers for the 360 and one could be the same as the gameplay is the same. I cant find any mention of this and I am not expecting it but I sure would like it since only a few of my friends can afford to buy a next gen rig.

Posted on Jun 21, 2013, 9:51:46 PM PDT
Walter V says:
I know I read somewhere that they said games wont work cross platform. They made itt clear by saying that if you had an xbox one and wanted to play the same game with someone that had an xbox 360 it wouldnt allow you to, the same goes for playstation.. Forgot where i read it exactly so i cant look up the link, I know it was trustworthy though, cause i read it on one of the websites where i always read my (accurate/true) gaming news

Posted on Jun 23, 2013, 8:59:46 PM PDT
Marie says:
BF4 for Xbox One will support 64 man servers, 360 will remain 24 due to ram requirements. They run different servers for this so there would be no way to play against other consoles. Now Xbox one and computers would be possible but would open up xbox live to being hacked like PS network so I dont see that happening either.

Posted on Jul 2, 2013, 2:30:25 PM PDT
Yeah, from what I remember of press each version of the game will have separate servers. While it might appear that a PS4 version and a Xbox One version are the same, they aren't completely the same. Controllers are different, online systems are different, and most importantly the communities are different.

Both SONY and Microsoft put a lot of money on their online infrastructures - the lure of a console sometime rests on these infrastructures. Hell, if I could buy a PS4 and play with my Xbox One friends I would have no reason to buy a XB1 - Not a great value proposition for Microsoft? Both manufacturers want to control that experience and keep their users in their tightly controlled services.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2013, 11:02:11 PM PDT
King Curry says:
the question did not ask about cross console playing between ps and xbox but rather between this gen and last gen consoles like the 360/x1 or ps3/ps4. and i would have to agree with others are saying in that it isn't possible. i imagine they are different environments due to the previous gen's limitations. I won't pretend to know everything but the differences can be as small as the vibrating motors in the x1 and things like that that make it different.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Battlefield 4 - Xbox One
Battlefield 4 - Xbox One by Electronic Arts (Xbox One)
3.7 out of 5 stars (1,266)