Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > 10,000 Days forum

if only they had a good singer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 14, 2006, 7:54:28 AM PDT
K. Oss says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2006, 2:11:07 PM PDT
Tim says:
this is absolutely the most thoughtless and ridiculous statement i've ever heard in my entire life. Any sensible human being could not possibly listen to songs like "the patient" "H." or "the pot" and claim that Maynard James Keenan doesn't have a good voice....no matter how ignorant a person such as yourself is.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2006, 5:09:35 PM PDT
morgan says:
MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN HAS AN AMAZING VOICE!!!!

The only person I've heard who I think is better is Freddie Mercury, the old singer from Queen. Maynard also has a very cool scream, but he uses it only on occasion. "The Pot" is one of the best sung songs I've ever heard. Unless you are stupid, you can tell by listening to that song that MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN HAS THE GREATEST VOICE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY TODAY, AND THE SECOND BEST VOICE EVER!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2007, 8:51:21 PM PST
Mason says:
I think Dug Pinnick of King's X is better.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2007, 4:56:18 AM PST
c staub says:
Go see him in concert and you would not be saying such things

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2007, 9:06:31 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 23, 2007, 9:07:26 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2007, 9:11:38 PM PST
heres my two cents. he is a good singer, no doubt, but there are many rock singers that are (or were) better than him. the simple fact is that his voice fits Tool and in another band he would not be thought of the same. was layne staley the best? no. but no one else could have sung AIC like him. is chris cornell the best? no, but once again, soundgarden would not be who they are without him. irreplacable. yes. maynard is not the best, he just fits the band.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2007, 5:30:36 AM PDT
congo says:
I agree with your point about MJK fitting TOOL but I'd like to add that this is not the only reason. His worldly observations and lucid yet abstract songwriting make him one of the best. His lyrics can be so specific, whilst being so general at the same moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2007, 7:57:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 25, 2007, 7:58:34 AM PDT
orderinchaos says:
Absolutely agreed. Other singers such as Jeff Buckley, Jeff Martin (ex Tea Party), Katie Noonan (George), Freddie Mercury (Queen), Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth), Matthew Bellamy (Muse), Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Youssou N'Dour just to name a few off the top of my head, are worthy of consideration also. Maynard is very good, yes, and can convey a lot of emotion and depth in his voice, yes, but to say he's the "greatest voice in the music industry" (unless intended as a purely personal expression of belief) really isn't helpful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  10,000 Days forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jul 14, 2006
Latest post:  Aug 25, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
10,000 Days
10,000 Days by Tool (Audio CD - 2006)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,272)