Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "ooma Hub - VoIP Phone Device with No Monthly Phone..." and save 88% off the $219.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
ooma Hub - VoIP Phone Device with No Monthly Phone Service Bills
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
From the Manufacturer
|Ooma is an award-winning product that gives you free home phone service. Quite simply, no more nickel and dime fees and no more monthly phone bills. Acclaimed by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Business Week, and featured as one of the year's hottest products in Parade and In Style magazines, Ooma offers premium home phone service as it was meant to be.|
OverviewYour one-time purchase of the Ooma system delivers:
FeaturesSmart and stylish, the Ooma Hub partners with your high-speed Internet and your existing home phones to deliver free home phone service. Your one-time purchase eliminates monthly bills for U.S. calling and delivers extremely low rates for international calls. You'll also get bundled features at no extra charge. Click below for a full list of what is included with your purchase of an Ooma Hub.
Free U.S. calling
Exceptional voice quality
The Ooma system has been architected to deliver exceptional voice quality and reliability, giving you the crisp, acoustic performance of a landline, without the associated monthly charges. According to our customers, Ooma offers “excellent voice quality,” “better than landline.”
My Ooma Online
Low-cost international calling
We've got your number
Want something new? When you purchase an Ooma system, you can choose a new number in any calling area in the US. Want to keep your phone number? Ooma gives you the option to transfer your number from your current phone provider. Just pay a one-time porting charge of $39.99, or enjoy complimentary number porting with an annual subscription to Ooma Premier ($99.99).
Flexibility to keep a landline
Ooma gives you the flexibility to integrate a low-cost landline as a backup. This means you can keep your current phone number and enjoy the assurance of traditional 911 service and seamless coverage during Internet and power outages.
Discover Ooma Premier
Want more? Try our enhanced calling features with your free 60-day trial of Ooma Premier. Enrich your home phone experience with features designed to help you:
- Block telemarketers
- Save serious cash
- Stay connected on the go
- Setup a home office
- Keep the peace
Transfer your number
Want to keep your phone number? Ooma will transfer your number from your current phone provider for free with an annual subscription to Ooma Premier ($39.99 value).
Instant Second Line
Images show the Ooma Scout.
Click here to learn more about it.
Send to Voicemail
Do Not Disturb
Images show the Ooma Scout.
Click here to learn more about it.
How Do We Compare?
Other phone companies nickel and dime you for local toll calls and long-distance, layering on mysterious fees, taxes, and surcharges for stuff you don't need. They bill you extra each month for caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail; features we, at Ooma, believe are fundamental to your U.S. calling rights.
Your one-time purchase of an award-winning Ooma system gives you free home phone service. You'll get the voice quality and ease of a traditional landline. That's because we've architected the Ooma system to partner with your existing home phones and high-speed Internet to deliver state-of-the-art calling without monthly bills.
There are no special handsets. No tricky calling codes to enter. No need to log onto a computer. Just pick up a phone and dial. It's that easy.
And for those who demand more, you'll get a 60-day free trial of Ooma Premier, so you can test-drive all of Ooma's innovative features, like multi-ring, personal numbers and private voicemail for each member of your home, with lots more on the way.
So if monthly bills are weighing you down, the answer is simple. Break free with Ooma.
- High-speed fixed-line Internet connection (cable, DSL, fiber-optic)
- 256 Kbps upstream network speed (384 Kbps recommended)
- Corded or cordless home phone
- Intended for residential use only
Ooma Hub (no monthly fee required)
- Free US calling: Call anyone, anytime, anywhere in the U.S.
- Phone number flexibility: Choose a new number anywhere in the U.S. or transfer an existing number for a one-time charge
- Caller-ID: See the name and number of who is calling (caller-ID compatible phone required)
- Call-waiting: Switch to a new incoming call when you are already on the line
- Call-waiting caller-ID: See the name and number of a new incoming call before you switch over
- Voicemail: Access your messages remotely from any phone or web browser
- Voicemail notifications: Receive notifications via email or text when incoming messages arrive
- Broadband Answering Machine: Listen to messages hands-free with the built-in speaker
- Ooma Lounge: Hear messages and control your preferences online
- Call logs: Check your calling history online; filter and sort to find the call you are looking for
- Enhanced 911: Emergency personnel are automatically given your registered address when you dial 911 (subject to availability)
- Free in-network calling: Call another Ooma customer anywhere in the world for free
- Outbound caller name: Have your name show up when you call out (other party must have caller-ID with name feature)
- Caller-ID blocking: Use *67/*82 to block or display your caller-ID/name for outgoing calls
- Anonymous call blocking: Automatically block anonymous calls from ringing your phone
- Call return: Return the last incoming call by dialing *69
- Landline backup: Automatic fallback during power/Internet outages or 911 calls (requires basic landline to be plugged-in)
- Prepaid international calling: Make low-cost international calls starting at only a penny per minute
- Directory assistance: Make 411 calls at $0.99 per call
- Warranty: One-year limited warranty
Ooma Premier (optional: $9.99/month or $119.99/year)
- Free number porting: Transfer an existing number for free with an annual subscription to Ooma Premier
- Personal blacklist: Blacklist unwanted callers to prevent them from being able to reach you
- Community blacklist: Harness the power of the Ooma community to block unwanted callers before they've tried to call you
- Call forwarding: Forward your calls to your mobile phone when you are away from home
- Multi-Ring: Simultaneously ring your Ooma number and your mobile phone, or any number you choose
- Message screening: Screen your calls by listening in as a caller is leaving their message
- Voicemail forwarding: Have your voicemail automatically forwarded to email
- Instant Second Line: Make a second call even when someone else is on the phone (requires Ooma Scout)
- Enhanced call-waiting: Answer an incoming call even when someone else is on the phone (requires Ooma Scout)
- Three-way conferencing: Conference two lines together at a push of a button
- Send to Voicemail: Transfer a call to voicemail at a touch of a button
- Do Not Disturb: Transfer all incoming calls directly to voicemail at a touch of a button
- Personal numbers: Select additional phone numbers in any calling area in the US
- Directed ringing: Configure your personal number to only ring on your private extension (requires Ooma Scout)
- Private voicemail: Create private voicemail and Lounge accounts dedicated to a personal number (requires Ooma Scout)
- Distinctive ringing: Control the ring pattern based on a personal number
|Dimensions||7.5"W x 6"D x 2.25"H (187 x 150 x 55mm)|
|Weight||19.7 ounces (550g)|
|I/O Ports||One 10/100 Ethernet LAN port, one 10/100 Ethernet WAN port, one RJ-11 port (phone), one RJ-11 (wall)|
|Power||12 VDC, 1A|
|Package Contents||Ooma Hub device, Ethernet cable, phone cable (2), phone splitter, AC adaptor, Quick Start Guide, User Guide|
Top customer reviews
PS I have also used Skype and Magic Jack... this system is the real McCoy! Trust me... Pay a little more upfront and enjoy years of a REAL phone service.
Currently my wife and I, along with our three teenagers, all have cell phones. We started looking at our local phone line and wondering if we really needed the home phone any longer. Many of our friends have disconnected their home service and only use their cell phones. Being traditionalists, we weren't ready to say goodbye to the home phone but we were frustrated by paying AT&T $50 per month.
Amazon's ad for Ooma peeked my interest. This has been the perfect solution. The phone quality is great. We were able to keep our current phone number that Ooma ported in a transparent fashion. We love the two-line feature, the free local and long distance, and the simplicity of the answering features on the hub and scout. I find myself using the do not disturb feature more often and the family has enjoyed the three-way conference feature. In the past two months I have seen improvements to the Ooma Lounge.
This company has done everything they said that they would do. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is already paying for high speed internet and wants to stop paying local phone charges.
I am so glad for that decision - one *key* difference between the two set ups, if not already obvious, is that Vonage adaptor connects *behind* your router, whereas Ooma connects in front of it...i.e. between the modem and your router. So unlike Vonage, you don't have to do meddle with the firewall of your router to open up bazillion ports and set up port-forwadings etc etc.
To get a phone no., you go to Ooma website and in few clicks choose a snazzy number (you could port your current no. too) and submit the unique MAC id of your Ooma device. Just shut down your router, plug the beautiful Ooma device to your modem, and connect your router to Ooma. That is it - you are done! Really!
Ooma automatically configures itself to the phone no. you picked and you can start making calls in about 5 minutes!
The call clarity is great and the basic feature you expect like voice mail and call waiting work like it is supposed to. I plugged in a Vtech phone to Ooma and kept two additional handsets in different rooms and I have to tell you - the whole set up is working like a charm. Unlimited calling with Vonage is about $27 to 28 per month and in 7-8 short months Ooma would have paid for itself and from then on, it is free! I know it sounds like it is too good to be true but I checked up the company and it certainly looks like they will be around for a long time and at most may start to charge you something after three years (worst case scenario). But even then, I think it is a great deal if you are getting three years of unlimited phone service for $249. Of course not having to pay *any* monthly phone bill is a nice little relief by itself!
I have only scratched the surface of this thing - there are a lot of additional features that some of you might find very useful, such as optional land line integration (so you get real 911 instead of e911 that you get with any VOIP), instant second phone line if you are using the Ooma scout and so on. I haven't tried the scout yet, so can't comment on that.
Do yourself a favor and give Ooma a try - you will be glad you did.