Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 558 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 589 reviews
on May 15, 2014
This is one of those "great" ideas I had for a fun activity for my 4 and almost 3 year old. Yay sensory fun, woo hoo non-toxic, yay look at all those pretty colors. I thought they were amazing the first time we soaked them and had fun running my fingers through this giant bowl of jiggling marbles....

Fast forward 2 days later when my kids realized they could squish them...and squish them they did. I had jelly bits from one end of my kitchen to the other, jelly in my toes, jelly on the table, jelly EVERY where. Imagine Dexter but instead of blood spatter it is little bits of jelly. This jellycidal rampage took place quickly and there were many casualties.

So yes...this is fun...but be forwarned that cleaning up jelly spatter from places, you wouldn't even dream of can be one heck of a downer. Also side bar, after spending an hour in squished jelly trying to clean these up, my hands did start to burn a bit from the sodium.
44 comments| 232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2014
These little balls of hydro-gel soak up water and become the consistency of tapioca. If you buy them for your kid, be prepared to pick them up off the floor, out of the sink, out of the toilet. And no matter what you do, don't try to dispose of them by flushing them down the drain. They become stuck in the trap and will rupture the pipe once they have soaked up enough water. Don't ask how I know. Let's just say we have a rule in the house about how to dispose of these beads.
0Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2013
I use these in my PreK class and the children LOVE them! Perfect for a light table or sensory table. I used approx. 1 tsp in a 2x1 foot clear container, added water and they immediately began to plump up. Within a few hours they were bigger than marbles. They feel a bit slimy as you play with them, but most of the children didn't mind that. They also shrink up if you leave them for several days and you can reuse them. Fantastic learning and exploration!
on November 5, 2015
So cool!! We love them
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 7, 2016
I bought these for my sensory bin. I ordered a lot (4 or 5 packs), not realizing that they expand in water, so I would suggest just buying 1 or 2 packs. These beads are colorful, squishy and fun to play with! However, be prepared to clean them off the floor! My students are preschool age and enjoy sensory materials like this, however once they realized these beads have a slight bounce to them... you can imagine what happened next. They are difficult to pick up off the floor and once they get stepped on, it's like jelly on the floor.
on January 2, 2017
This was my first time getting/trying water beads. They really are a pretty neat thing. My kids LOVED them. A bit too much, I wondered ;) they had fun with them. I dont know much about what they are made of, but, after about 24 hours, they were ready to be tossed. They started getting really slimy and a lot of the beads were sort of smooshing and breaking. If this is the norm for water beads (for sensory play), then theyre just like all others! If not, then I would like some type of solution, because I would love to provide these to my kids more frequently! :)
on June 26, 2016
My kids love these. We put them in their water table outside for hours of fun. I usually buy a pack of 100 at the dollar tree for a buck. I thought that was a good deal until I realized that's almost $40 for the amount you get here for even less then a fraction of the cost. Quality is great. Some are deformed or broken but I've had the same issue with all brands. Highly recommend!
review image review image
on October 4, 2016
Bought these to make some stress balls. These arrived on time and packaging was O.K no issues. These are very easy to use just soak in water for 4-5 hours or overnight. I've made several stress balls with these and they have turned out good, however, I have noticed possible mold inside of the balloons after a week or so, not sure if it's a reaction with the water and balloon or if these grow moldy after a few days. But these are lots of fun to play with by themselves just for sensory fun.
on May 6, 2016
They get pretty big compare to other water beads. However, they break too easy. We have bought water beads by different brands and nothing broke so easily as these ones. If you are getting these for decoration uses I guess it is ok. You get many different colors and a lot of them for the money. I wouldn't recommend them for kids play.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 16, 2014
I purchased these for my 20 month old son. He is very active and always jumps around from one thing to another. It is near impossible to find toys that he will sit down and play with time and time again. I put these beads in a small plastic tub and he loves them! He has been playing with it every day for several months now. These have given me some time to relax while my son will run his hands through the beads. They feel really cool. The only problem I had was they get sticky after a month or so and I have to run them under water for a few minutes to try to clean off the slime. If your kid puts thing in the mouth this is not good. They beads break if squeezed but they are slippy and they are hard to squeeze. Highly recommend.