Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

How can this be part of the best book of the month, if it will be released tomorrow?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2011, 3:50:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2011, 3:59:05 AM PST
I cannot understand Amazon recommend me this book, as the best book of the month, if the release date is only tomorrow (03-MAR-11).Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything

Posted on Mar 9, 2011, 6:27:53 AM PST
2 Answers I would suggest for you.

#1 Books presell now on Amazon and so it could easily have sold more than any other book recently as a presold item. #2 Amazon can recommend in essence any book they want as the "best book of the month". If it is just a recommendation then its completely subjective. If it is because it is ranked #1 then it is selling before it is even released.

Posted on Mar 9, 2011, 6:46:24 PM PST
Kcorn says:
As Seth notes, books can be presold on Amazon. That means that a book can indeed be a "bestseller" before it even reaches any buyers if there are enough copies ordered before publication (and this is entirely possible). Also, thanks to the Kindle, many books are available on the Kindle version on the same day as the book is released. Some publications which list bestselling books now have regular nonfiction and fiction bestseller lists as well as a combined eBook and regular bestselling lists. With the advent of electronic books, it is arguably even more possible to have a book reach the bestseller list. If you check out the ebooks which are bestsellers on Amazon, you'll discover that some are the same titles found on other lists and others are different. But the two can be nearly alike for some rankings, depending on the popularity of various books.

With Kindle's instant delivery, it is now easier for readers to post their reviews of books as well. They get the book on the same day as it is released and don't have to wait for it to arrive a few days later.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2011, 8:41:54 PM PST
Gloria says:
There are copies of the book available for reviewers prior to the on-sale date. Amazon reps could go over the books they have coming out in a month and decide which are worthy of being "pushed."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2011, 4:33:39 AM PST
I loved the "Being Pushed" - this is exactly how I felt... Thanks for all your comments! I have a better understanding of how they work!
Cheers,

Posted on Apr 8, 2011, 4:57:25 PM PDT
E. Bitson says:
I bought it thru Barnes and Noble about a month ago. It had to be ordered online and I was in the store when I did it with their help at the help desk. But I got it half price and it came by mail within 3 days.
I was told just because a book has a release date that only some books actually release on that date. Highly expected books I guess.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about