Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen
Are any parts that touch the food made out of aluminum? Where is the aluminum?
asked by Ben Franklin on January 27, 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Hi Ben - All parts that come in contact with food, herbs, etc. are steel. The only aluminum are tubes covering steel side supports, more for decoration - no contact with food. For the money this is an excellent unit for home use.
John A. Rush answered on January 28, 2014
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Ben - Reading the other comments there must be two products on the market. The product I have looks like the image that accompanies this. The only aluminum are side tubes. The strainer and basket are stainless and the turn screw is all steel (checked with magnet) with some plastic caps for looks. The screw will rust - stainless would be too soft, so after each use dry screw and apply a little olive oil. I've done a lot of work with mine.
John A. Rush answered on January 30, 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not sure, but the plate that presses the fruit is plated with something that has chipped off of mine and the screw has begun to oxidize after just one use. I am currently trying to return mine, unfortunately I'm not having much luck. My advise.... Buy a better product. There was red spray paint all over the screw threads when I took mine out of the box. It took a lot of work to get it cleaned off.
Wednesday shopper answered on January 28, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So far as I can tell, every part that touches the food is aluminum. There is a basket-like metal cage attached to the handle which crushes the fruit into the aluminum container, forcing the juice out through the aluminum spout.
Ian answered on January 29, 2014
Comments (3) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product