Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
asked by Jim on January 23, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 answers
A
Here is what Omron Customer Service had to say about the HJ-720ITC's display:

"With this pedometer the screen will always stay on, however, the unit will stop counting steps after 5 minutes. This will not affect the battery life".
Heraldo answered on February 14, 2008
Comment | 11 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
okay, I was assuming the display would go blank after 5 mins. to save battery but I guess it always stays on and shows the time.

thanks
Jim answered on January 28, 2008
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I thought it was me. It needs an on/off switch.
Ms. 90 answered on April 25, 2008
Comment | 10 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Don't worry about it not shutting off people. The display itself has almost no drain on the battery. It is the memory that stores your data that is the culprit. If your battery is lasting less than 6 months then change brands. I have had mine (two of them) for over a year and have only replaced the battery once. Its a great device and works fantastic. Enjoy it and don't get so hung up on the battery, or if the unit "turns off"
Danny F. answered on May 6, 2013
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Omron HJ-112 doesn't shut off, so not sure what you're seeing. The battery tends to last me about 6 months, though, so it hasn't been an issue for me.
Megan Coughlin answered on January 27, 2008
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Maybe for you, but for me, I'd like an On/Off switch. I'd also like it to have a timer. Guess you can't have it all.
Ms. 90 answered on June 20, 2008
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
U.R.Nuts answered on July 3, 2008
Comment (1) | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wear mine 7 days a week from about 7am to about 7pm. I replace a battery every 7-8 months. The display is always on.
S. Slaughter answered on April 17, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I found all this quite reassuring . The display stays on and the logo in the bottom right hand corner continually flashes because i haven't downloaded the data. I'm still pleased with mine, but I would have thought todays technology would be able to provide a 'stand by' mode . 1st battery relaced after 3 months - because i thought the flashing logo was a low battery indicator ! - perhaps i'll update you in a few months !
S. Rawles answered on April 10, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
AttitudeAdj: If you are referring to the Omron HJ-720ITC (not HJ-112), the manual does say that it will turn off after 5 minutes. I just got one a few days ago, and the display on mine doesn't turn off either. I've emailed Omron customer service and will let you know what they say about this.
Heraldo answered on February 10, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product