Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > The Crusade (EX) forum

Why do people bash every band who changes their style just the slightest?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2007, 9:46:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2007, 9:51:16 PM PDT
Ok now i've been reading and to be honest to those who are not liking trivium now cuz of the crusade don't freak out and say that they are wrong. Are you the one who's holding the guitar, or has to sing weither screaming or what not in front of not 100 but 1000's of people for your day to day job? And how many of you actually play an instrument that bash these bands? if you don't have musical knowledge of any degree then you need to simply keep your opinion to yourself. Simply this if your not a musician than you don't rate to critisize a musician.

My point is if Learn some music theory and learn how the natural instruments are played their limits to arrange and compose for an orchestra, then attempt to write an orchestra piece, and learn the guitar, bass, drums, and vocals and record your own music. When you've done this then we can talk about a band sucking when you realize how much effort and hard work into writting music takes. They get paid to create music. So thats what they are doing so quit sounding like a bunch of complaining vally girls when you break a nail. If you are a true fan of metal you like all forms of metal such as traditional metal, progressive rock/metal, alternitive rock/metal, power metal, black metal, death metal, melodic death metal, industrial metal, metalcore, thrash, hardcore and the many other countless sub genres or rather styles that metal has other than the main styles. If you don't like all the metal then some metal head you are huh? end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2007, 9:28:46 AM PDT
Well people freak out because they dont like change. But look at In Flames or Fear Factory for an example.. they didn't change thier entire music style over one cd. But Trivium did. Ember to Inferno was hardcore/thrash which is the same with Ascendancy. Ascendancy is like Ember to Inferno but just with more thrash & clearer sound. Crusade, however.. thats when they just got less thrashy & barely no hardcore & went straight back to 80's metal. I like this album but many people are complaining that trivium doesnt scream, trivium is not heavy anymore. Many people are thinking right now that Trivium just used the hardcore scene just to get popular. Of course when Ascendancy came out i was getting into harder (death) metal. Ascendancy is what got my attention. If i never heard of Ascendancy & went straight to Crusade then back to Ascendancy i would be suprised.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2007, 11:57:27 PM PDT
J. Wholey says:
Metallica is of course a classic band and has some amazing music. After the Black Album they lost their edge. Trivium seems to emulate Metallica on this album. To put a positive spin on it, Trivium picks up where Metallica left off on the Black album. Great thrash-metal and song writing even without the screaming like the two previous albums. Definitely worth a listen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2007, 10:14:24 PM PDT
Chill says:
"if you don't have musical knowledge of any degree then you need to simply keep your opinion to yourself. Simply this if your not a musician than you don't rate to critisize a musician."

That's like saying a movie critic can't review a film because he has not directed films. But, if what you said is true, since I play guitar (thus, making me a musician), I can comment on this album, and I say it's utter garbage.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008, 6:50:55 PM PDT
Corey Turner says:
I'm a musician myself I plan on going to Berklee soon enough I can easily understand where you are coming from. Many people forget that change is almost vital.

Beatles evolved multiple times, and look at them? I use to hate when bands converted, Atreyu was my main target. After realizing "hey it's different, but is it truly bad?!" I went back to many albums ans realized how great they were. If a band changes too much they lose some fans but also gain some it's a trade off. The way i see it is, if I like it and it doesn't sound like any of the bands previous attempts oh well still a good album.

Trivium are very in-depth musically speaking. The guitar(s) are layered and thrashy, the drums scatter in and out and the overall presentation is phenomenal. It's also a nice change to see how strong they are vocally, and not just over powered screaming ( yes it gives power and sounds great to some extent), but now we know they show a sign of versatility.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Crusade (EX) forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2007
Latest post:  Mar 22, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Crusade
Crusade by Trivium (Audio CD - 2007)
4.0 out of 5 stars (174)