Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
[UPDATED] asked by csmith79 on November 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
If the lenses on the older camera are EF, then they should work. I had a Canon EOS Film camera and purchased the T3 digital body. Both my Canon EF 28-90mm and Canon EF 80-200 from the Film camera work fine.
D. Barkley answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am not 100 percent sure but I have a friend with the orginal eos rebel model and it cannot take the same lenses as mine which is a T3. The mounts have changed in canons from the very old eos models to the newer versions. If you buy one make sure you can return it just in case it does not work.
Sarah answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
And film lenses do not go with digital bodies. they can click into place but you will get an error sign. Film camera require film lenses
Sarah answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I see you're getting various answers. I also did what you are trying to do. The best advice I can give you is to contact Canon & ask them. That's what I did & they got me on the right track. Lots of luck.
Adam answered on November 27, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It would be good to know the exact model of the camera your friend has, in my limited knowledge once it's a canon eos DIGITAL camera the ef and efs lenses should be compatible. The compatibility issue stems from lenses used on film bodies. To be certain of compatibility you might want to contact Canon directly.
neil s. answered on November 26, 2012

A
APF answered on November 26, 2012

A
I did what you are trying to do - bought this body to use with my old EOS lenses, and they were NOT compatible. The old lenses were from a Canon EOS A2 that I bought in 1994, so they were pretty old. They were EF lenses, but they still weren't compatible. I know that some newer EOS film lenses are compatible, but you need to keep in mind that the focal length will be a little different when you put a film lens on a digital body. I can't remember exactly how great the difference is though. Hope this helps!
Robin G. Allen answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product