Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "phil&teds Lobster Highchair, Black” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 13% off the $89.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
phil&teds Lobster Highchair, Black
- Polyester, Aluminum
- Aluminum frame with padded back support and a shoulder harness system weighing in under 4 pounds
- Robust aluminum clamps with non slip grip pads fit tables from 0.8" up to 3.75" thick and suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Globally safety certified design can accommodate a child 3 months to 3 years up to a max weight of 37 pounds
- Includes a dishwasher safe tray and travel bag that fits easily into diaper bags, purses, and stroller gear baskets
- Not suitable for use on glass top tables, tables with loose table tops, table leaves, single pedestal tables, card tables, camping tables, or tables with rounded or beveled edges or lips
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Phil & Teds Lobster Hook-on Chair
Feeding time can also be a fun time with Phil & Teds Lobster Hook-on Chair. This portable high chair is a great chair for comfortable dining for kids at a restaurant or at home. The stainless steel frame of this high chair is firm, easy to carry and can be clamped onto any table. Comfortable padded shoulder straps safely strap kids into the chair. The chair comes with an illustrated tray insert.
Why You'll Love It: Kids will love this lobster hook-on chair that can be carried anywhere.
Age: 6 months to 3 years
- Comfortable high chair
- 4-point safety harness
- Easy-care fabric
- Strong claw grip
- Portable high chair
From the Manufacturer
Have a lobster at the table every day
Ready, set, seat: eat. Lobster is a portable high chair that is safe and strong, allowing for adaptable dining and easy cleaning wherever you go.
Claw strength - Ultra safe and secure
A 4-point safety harness with padded shoulder straps keeps the wriggliest of babies safe and secure in their high chair. Super strong 'lobster claws' with rubber grips secure to the table with a clamp mechanism - easy for adults, not so easy for kids.
Fast setup and pack down
Pick lobster up by the frame, and it literally falls into position, ready to attach to your table. To pack down, just flip the clamps inward and lobster folds neatly back onto itself, ready to slide into its own carry bag.
Food tray included
A dishwasher-safe food tray slides between the clamps to protect your table surface from food spills. Hygien-ius.
Lobster's fabric slides out of the frame for quick & easy cleaning.
Smart and stylish
The brushed stainless steel frame and robust, easy care fabrics are not only strong and durable, but oh so stylish.
Clip lobster on to almost any table or bench top at home or while traveling and keep your baby clean, safe and part of the family.
Genie of hygiene
No need to use those grubby restaurant high chairs. Lobster is super easy to take with you when dining out and about.
Lobster do's and don'ts
Yes to stable tables, picnic tops and bar tops.
No to pedestal tables, glass tables and unstable tables.
Top Customer Reviews
That said, the two downsides to this otherwise very nicely-designed product are:
1) The included tray doesn't lock to the seat. While it's GREAT that a tray was even included, we would love if it locked into place with the seat so our little one couldn't push it out and overturn/fling it.
2) Because the way it connects to the table are basically two heavy duty clamps, it only works on tables without a lip. We've found we're able to use it only 50% of the time when dining out due to this, plus the regular restrictions when using a hook-on chair (not on a tippy pedestal table, etc.). This is a pretty big downer because not being able to use it in so many instances defeats the purpose of having it and the convenience of its small size.
It does have some upgrades over the Phil & Teds Metoo chair. Extra padding and the storage bag with handle (although a very short handle) are a plus. I had a Metoo for a couple of years and have no complaints. After it was stolen I decided to hold off and wait for this one to come out. But in my opinion you might as well get the Metoo and save a bit of cash.
Of course, you don't need children to play with a new purchase, so before giving it away I opened the box and hooked it up to our table (See the picture I included). This thing is great! It folds up into a very easy to transport size, I would imagine you'd keep this in your car or in the storage pouch on your stroller. The fabric case has a couple of handles for ease of transport. It attaches to a table in a snap, and holds on tight. The seat is secure and deep enough that your kid won't topple out, but if you are worried or you have a particularly bouncy child, there are shoulder straps that are well padded but very secure.
The included tray attaches easily and is nice if you want to protect the table surface from banging utensils or spills.
I don't know if we are going to have kids, but if we do, we are certainly going to buy one of these (or two) for ourselves. STRONGLY recommended.
As always, please leave any questions you have in the comments, and I'll get to them quickly. Cheers!
Then I bought the lobster chair. Red. Beautiful. Sexy even. It's got a soft, luxurious seat and claws that clamp so hard, aint nobody falling off that table. Trust me. I tested it myself. I do love my little gremlin, don't get me wrong, I want her safe. I just want to eat too.
The first time we took this to a restaurant it was like a miracle. Not only did she actually SIT in it.. she liked it. She sat in it swinging her legs and eating rice and smiling and never wanted out of it like she did with all those stupid wooden pieces of crap they call high chairs at most restaurants. I was so happy I almost cried. I actually got to eat at the same time as my husband and didn't have to wrestle an unruly demon child who wanted to say "hi" to every stranger at every table and then go back again for a second round of that.
If you're on the fence about this chair... do yourself a favor and take the leap. Worth every penny. I will never go back. I keep this in my trunk and feel panicky if I ever take a different car and forget it. It's a priceless tool that every parent should have.
1) Lots more padding than the Me Too and a very deep seat, offering great support for babies. I would not hesitate to feed a small infant in this high chair.
2) Included tray. I love that this high chair comes with a tray. It makes a huge difference! Especially when dining out, so you have a known clean surface for your child to eat on. It would be even better (might even bump my rating up to 5 stars) if the tray locked onto the seat so that older babies and toddlers couldn't push it away, but honestly, I'm just thrilled that it comes with a tray at all.
3) Ridiculously easy to clean. The fabric seat easily slides off the frame so you can scrub it down in the sink without the awkwardness of dealing with the clamps. I take the seat off, turn it inside out (to expose the cracks in which food gets trapped) scrub it down and then hang it up in the shower to try. It's usually dry by morning, at which point I slide it back onto the frame and it's ready to go, good as new!
4) Comes with it's own carry bag that fits the tray as well and does not add unnecessary extra bulk, keeping the entire package very compact and ideal for travel.
This really is a fantastic high chair. As other reviewers have mentioned, the clamps make it so that the chair cannot be used on a table with a lip. But for us this works better -- our kitchen counter overhang is not very deep and high chairs with lengthy clips that would extend beyond a table lip would not work for us. Bottom line is that no clip-on high chair will work with every table. Just get one that works at home and hope for the best when you're out and about. We've had good luck with this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Extremely convenient. Easier to install than the Inglesina. Only works if there is no obstacles underneath your table. Read morePublished 3 days ago by ChristopherBJ
Love this highchair! We live in an RV full time and we needed a small, portable, SAFE, high chair for our grandbaby that was staying with us for a week! Read morePublished 8 days ago by FT RV'ers
was a gift- told me that they love it- convenient, sturdy, and best of all washable and keeps toddlers food off dirty retaurant tablesPublished 9 days ago by Joyce G.
I love the portability of this highchair. It's so easy to use and very secure on many different tables. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Jesseca M
Made in China. Chair fitting is way too small for a 10 month old toddler. Enough said.Published 17 days ago by Tung Dang
We love this chair! We've been using it as our regular high chair at home since our baby was able to sit up, and it's great. Read morePublished 24 days ago by KoalaMomma
Would not register for this if I could do it again. The fact that basically every dining table has a lip that the clamps will not clear makes this only useful for travel. Read morePublished 1 month ago by matt
I sent this puppy back because the tray doesn't attach, and my kid threw it on the floor immediately. No point in a tray if it, and all the food, is going to go on the floor. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Beth
After using one of these at a restaurant I ordered one for myself that night. These high chairs are the best thing I've ever bought. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ashley Tarter