Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on February 4, 2015
It travels well, and that's its job . . . so 5 stars, but the setup and finish knock it back.

The baby is safe and happy, which is the prime consideration. The item travels very well on the plane (I put it in our car seat gate check back with the car seat) ,and in a car, or just across the street to the baby sitter.

The item is very small (relative to what it is and the competitors) and it goes up very easily. Just watch the youtube video and it will go together in 2 or 3 minutes tops. The folks that spent 10 or 15 were trying to puzzle it out. I got slowed down initially too, by reading the instructions, but when I saw the setup I was able to move very quickly. Because I think that the directions could EASILY be MUCH better that is the reason for 1 star off. Also, the finish will scratch over time depending on how you pack it back up and if you save the plastic sleeves that it is shipped with. This could have been power coated or grip coated for more durability. I will be careful and care for the product well, but I wish I could "think" about it a bit less and another reason for 1 star off.
on August 16, 2016
I don't know what other reviewers are taking about. This crib went together and came apart in a snap. My 9 month old even "helped"! It is super light and I love the mesh sides. Our rambunctious 9 month old did his best to run through it on our test run at home before our trip. No dice for him but it did move a bit across the floor. We think we may weigh the feet down to be safe for overnight use. 4 stars vs 5 stars for that and also because the mattress doesn't seem to lay flat -- but, full disclosure, we didn't attach it for our dry run. He hadn't slept in it yet...wish us luck!
on January 3, 2016
Light, easy to assemble and take apart. Plus our 23lb, active 10 month old has not been able to tip it over despite her best efforts. Mattress doesn't inflate to 100%, but takes two breaths to really top it off, so no bother there. And it is SO LIGHT.

Was a bit wary after some of the negative reviews but it preformed admirably on recent overseas jaunt. I seriously think some people expect things to come with a valet or magically transform right out of the package.
on November 17, 2015
We used this for two weeks of travel throughout Europe. It was easy to set up and take down, it does take a little bit of time though. The hardest part is rolling it all back up into a neat package to fit in the carrying case, although the case is big enough for sloppy rolling. We ended up slipping this into our suitcase rather than carrying standalone, but even with that the light weight of the crib allowed more than enough space for everything we needed in our single suitcase for two weeks, baby included,
on June 25, 2015
I have previously used a bjorn travel crib that was quite bulky though it weighs just 5kg. The setup is much more straight forward than this product but I must say that though it requires time to set it up, it is not very difficult to do so, the way it is dismantled allows space saving especially if there are lots of luggage and having this product will save up the space in the boot as well as convenience when doing airport check ins.
on August 7, 2014
I was hesitant to buy this after reading other reviews saying that it was hard to set up. I decided to buy it anyway and I found it extremely easy to set up so perhaps I have a later model than other reviewers and P&T fixed set up issues, not sure. Honestly, this was a cinch to set up and take down. I looked at the directions the first time and after that its easy to remember how to do it. Probably took 5 min to set up or break down. The toughest thing is to get it all back in the carrying bag but even that wasn't that hard. Our 5 month old slept in it with no problem. She rolls around a lot and I was concerned about the air mattress but it was fine. The folded up size is really convenient. I was able to fit it into my check in luggage. It is very light which is nice too. This is a great travel bed, especially when flying and packing space is at a premium.
on October 17, 2014
I purchased the phil&teds travel crib and the Lotus travel crib by Guava family to do a side by side comparison. I'm keeping the phil&teds, here's why.

For those who don't want to read the details, here's my bottom line:

I wanted a travel crib. One that I can take with me ANYWHERE, minimizing added stress. This includes air travel. The differences between these cribs in setup ease/time and functionality in my opinion are largely insignificant compared to the substantial benefit that the phil&teds has for packed up size and weight. It will be easier for me travel with phil&teds, especially by plane than the Lotus (or the Baby Bjorn). It can fit in a luggage, meaning I will not need to carry the crib as an entirely separate bag/luggage. If you don't plan to travel by air and aren't worried about trunk space in your car then sure, maybe the Lotus might be a slightly better option for you. If you're the person who doesn't plan to travel, why are you looking at travel cribs?

--------------Details------------
Packed weight and size: The phil&teds travel crib is impressively light, and packs down into a size where it could fit into another bag or luggage. This is huge if you are going to traveling by air. The lotus, is also lightweight, but when packed is much bigger and I can not see how it would be able to fit into an existing luggage, so it will add another bag--- if that matters, and it should if you're going by air.

Setup Time: Much has been made about the time it takes to setup the phil&teds. Yes, it has to be assembled, every time. This does take time, but after a few times it takes no more than about 5 minutes or less. What I didn't realize is that the lotus isn't as easy to setup as its made out to be. Sure it unfolds and snaps into place with little more than a flick of the wrist, but the nasty part I didn't know about is installing the mattress. There are little velcrow tabs on the mattress that feed through small slits on the crib and attach to anchor it down. This took me FAR longer than it should have, and I was extremely frustrated because its tricky. That being said, the method for attaching the mattress for the phil&teds crib is also tricky and time consuming, but for me, less so than the Lotus. When considering this, both cribs take minutes to setup, don't be fooled by the videos that indicate the Lotus can be setup in 30 seconds.

Functionality: Both cribs do a good job of their intended purpose. They are both sturdy and large enough. I suppose the Lotus does feel a bit more rigid and less lightly to tip over in a strong earthquake, but really I have no complaints about either crib in this regard. I do like that one wall of the crib can be unzipped on both of these, but not on the Baby Bjorn.

Mattress: the phil&teds crib has a self inflating mattress. It works, though I'm not sure I'm sold on the auto inflation. I could be doing it wrong, but I almost always end up blowing air in via the nozzle to firm it up. My son slept find on this for an entire week. Unfortunately I can't ask his opinion, so I'm going by the fact that he slept ok that its not horrible. The Lotus crib offers a more traditional foam mattress, which is nice, but this also part of the cause of having a larger packed up size, which is more awkward to carry around.

The phil&teds travel crib is better at functioning as a 'travel' crib. If you aren't going to travel much, or will only be driving then the advantage of smaller pack size and weight won't matter to you, and in my eyes these two cribs then become nearly equal. One concern about the phil&teds is the potential to lose parts. I like that phil&teds packs up small enough and light enough that I might consider hauling it with me to a park. It would likely bit in the storage area of our stroller, so it would be out of the way. One could certainly bring the Lotus, but someone would have to actually carry it-- its too big to fit in the storage area of the stroller, and for that reason, I'd be unlikely to use it much for that kind of casual use.

Additional thoughts.
I haven't found replacement sheets. Its a strange size and attaches to the mattress more like a pillow cover than a bed sheet.

I am concerned about the possibility that the air mattress could get a puncture. I'm not sure what my options are if this happens, nor do I know what the chances of such a puncture are. The mattress feels like its made of a substantial material, and people use similar mattresses all the time for camping, so I imagine its unlikely to spring a leak unless punctured by something sharp.

Someone complained that in an earlier review about the stability of the phil&teds crib, claiming that their kid knocked it over. When I pushed, pulled and yanked on both of these cribs, I felt that both were stable and little difference between them. If tipping becomes a real concern, it would be easy to weight down the feet of the phil&teds crib.
on July 24, 2014
I almost did not buy this portable crib because of the negative reviews regarding how difficult it is to put together. I bought it knowing I could ship right back if it was as much as a problem as some reviewers let on. Let me just say this, wow, it took me all but what felt like 5 minutes to put this crib together. The instructional video even makes it look more daunting than it is.

When you take it out of the bag it looks intimidating because there are quite a few polls but they all fit together easily and intuitively. Some reviewers may have defective pieces? It's easy to take down and pack up too. The hooks for the inflatable cot are the only pain. Elastic loops probably could have done the same job, but that's my only complaint.
It's small and light but builds sturdy.

My little co sleeping, crib hating baby likes this crib! I'm so relieved and happy she will sleep in it. I'm enthusiastic about the planning of future trips. I think we will end up getting a lot of use out this crib in our home, on trips, in the park. Our baby is now 3 months old.
on February 24, 2016
Easy to assemble! Sturdy design. My 16 month old could not tip it over and slept in it comfortably on a recent trip sailing.
on February 4, 2015
I was admittedly worried about buying this after reading the one-star reviews, which almost uniformly complain about the difficulty of taking apart the pieces. But it's half the weight of the Baby Bjorn and Lotus, and folds up to half the size, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm glad I did! Maybe phil & teds has changed something, or maybe the reviewers are pulling or pushing at a funny angle, but I didn't find it hard to deconstruct. If you flip the crib upside down, the little round "buttons" on the legs (which seems to have been the source of problems for others) need only be pressed in ever-so-slightly before a gentle tug upward will release the leg. And the two pieces on the top-sides can be pulled apart easily.

The air mattress is a lot like a thermarest - seems very sturdy. It does need a little extra help to blow up all the way, but that's true of just about every "self-inflating" mattress in the world. As an added bonus, the included sheet, which is sort of like a pillow case, is SO soft.

Unlike some reviewers, I don't think that this would fit in the average-sized carry-on suitcase, but it would definitely fit inside a checked suitcase or maybe a longer, duffel-shaped carry-on.

I'll post an update once we've taken baby traveling with this crib!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.