|Fits as expected||
$3.48 - $15.43
Free Return on some sizes and colors
- 100% Polyester
- Pull On closure
- Machine Wash
- Light weight
- UPF 50+ fabric
- Microfiber. Care instructions - Wash before use.The hat should not be dry cleaned,tumble dry or ironed
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Since 1982, the i play. Family of Brands has been guided by principles in providing healthy and practical baby products that support child development, health and safety, the natural world, and functionality.
We pay attention to the baby's perspective and parents' lifestyle priorities in our product development. Based on years of experience along with ongoing research and testing, we continually improve the quality of our materials and processes. We offer a range of choices in fun designs that are convenient and affordable for parenting naturally.
Brim Sun Protection Hat
All-day sun protection for head, neck, & eyes
The Brim Sun Protection Hat provides all-day sun protection for baby’s head, neck and eyes. The wicking liner is breathable for comfort, and the UPF 50+ material dries quickly if it gets wet to support baby’s active play. The tie strap keeps it in place, and the adjustable toggle creates a custom-fit as baby grows! Parents love how easy it is to pack for on-the-go activities and the variety of fun, bright colors!
- Extra-wide brim coverage
- Stay-put tie strap
- Quick-dry material for active play
- Wicking liner for comfort
- Adjustable toggle for custom fit & to grow with baby
- Lightweight & packable for easy on the go
- Coordinates with i play. Swim Wear & Sun Wear
- Materials: Microfiber polyester shell; Polyester wicking lining
Extra wide brim
Protects baby's head, neck and eyes from the sun.
Stay-put tie strap
Keeps hat in place for all-day coverage.
For custom fit and to grow with baby.
Pulls moisture away from baby's skin.
|Brim Sun Protection Hat||Flap Sun Protection Hat||Breathable Swim & Sun Flap Hat||Breathable Swim & Sun Bucket Hat||Reversible Bucket Sun Protection Hat|
|Offers UPF 50+ sun protection||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Printed Reversible Options||✓|
|Quick-dry material for active play||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Water-friendly foam brim||✓||✓|
|Adjustable to grow with baby||✓||✓|
|Stay-put tie straps||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Full neck coverage||✓||✓|
|Materials||Microfiber polyester; Polyester wicking lining||Microfiber polyester; Polyester wicking lining||Wicking polyester shell; Wicking polyester lining; EVA foam||Wicking polyester shell; Wicking polyester lining; EVA foam||Microfiber polyester|
|Icons||naturalist, UPF 50+, azo-free dyes, formaldehyde free, extended life, breathable, lightweight, water friendly, machine washable||naturalist, UPF 50+, azo-free dyes, formaldehyde free, extended life, breathable, lightweight, water friendly, machine washable||naturalist, UPF 50+, azo-free dyes, formaldehyde free, extended life, breathable, wick away, lightweight, water friendly, machine washable||movement, naturalist, UPF 50+, formaldehyde free, azo-free dyes, water friendly, machine washable||naturalist, UPF 50+, azo-free dyes, formaldehyde free, extended life, breathable, lightweight, water friendly, machine washable|
The i play., Inc. Family of Brands for baby's well-being
i play. baby wear supports a child's innate quality of being that is expressed through play. Swim Wear, Sun Wear, Organic Wear, and Outer Wear are designed for function and comfort to support movement, connection to nature, and having fun.
Green sprouts baby care promotes holistic early child development with functional Feeding, Toys, and Wellness items. They are made of safer materials to protect from the inside out and to support whole learning and natural health.
Grow healthy baby fare offers the nutrition to establish the foundation for lifelong health. The food program provides real nourishment from nature's principles by supplying the staples for homemade baby food, while encouraging the use of fresh, organic, seasonal, and local produce.
Grow healthy. Grow happy. The whole baby resource is an educational initiative that provides practical information, activities, recipes, and gentle, holistic guidance for parents and caregivers to nurture their child's health & well-being. The resource includes a comprehensive and practical book and e-book, specialty books, and an information-rich and experiential website.
i play. Sun Wear
Outdoor play encourages a child's connection to nature and nourishes their physical, emotional, and mental development. Some benefits of outdoor play include:
- Fresh air and vitamin D.
- Strength and endurance.
- Positive mood.
- Sense of wonder.
- Respect for the environment.
Parents can help protect their baby all day with i play. Sun Wear. All i play. Swim Wear and Sun Wear have UPF 50+ protection that is comfortable, convenient, and lasts all day! UPF 50+ provides the highest possible rating, blocking 97.5-99+% of UV radiation.
Babies have thinner skin that is more vulnerable to sunburn than adult skin and special care must be taken to ensure that it's well protected from the sun the i play solid brim sun protection hat is a lightweight, upf 50+ fabric the inner lining is a wick away microfiber
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 12 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B007CUBCGW
- Item model number: 231508baby-boys
- Date first listed on Amazon: August 17, 2006
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. this hat is not meant to get wet (drenched)!!! it's mostly used as a sun hat and i wish i knew this before. i took it out to an outdoor fountain with my daughter and it totally defeated the purpose of shading her from the sun because it got all floppy...i attached a photo of this.
2. after the fountain, i washed this because it was stinky of sunblock and sweat and dirty water. i read the instruction and only put it on a gently cycle and air dried. and even after following that, it is STILL floppy!!! it's constantly covering my daughter's eyes and she's always trying to take it off because of it.
i NEVER had an issue with floppy hats with other brand of hats!! and i have purchased a few from target, gymboree and even gap!! they all survive the wash and still retain its shape. but NOT THE IPLAY!!
however, it could be my fault, because it got drenched and destroyed in the fountain and i didn't wash it right away. but then again, i didn't have an issue with other name brand hats.
3. the drawstring for the head doesn't really work for us. it might just be our hat but even when i pull it on my daughter's head, it EASILY gets loosen again. i'm constant retightening and in the end, i just give up.
i REALLY wanted to love this hat...it was cute and so afforable!! but i honestly don't like how the hat gets floppy after getting washed. it's honestly the worst.
however, i could be doing something wrong and i would LOVE for someon to point me to the right direction but i WANT to love this hat. but at the moment, this hat is a NO for me. and i won't buy it again
the only way i would ever repurchase this hat is if i ONLY used it as a sun hat and NEVER washed it.
Let me start by comparing pros & cons:
- Bright, beautiful color.
- Drawstring allows me to adjust this to her head circumference.
- Easy to tie a knot and secure it under her chin. Some people prefer velcro closures, but because my daughter has a smaller head, a simple knot mechanism works better. We returned another hat because the velcro stayed loose on her.
- Lightweight. Used it for hours without it bothering my daughter.
- Water resistant. Perfect for pool or beach.
- Brim is not sturdy enough. This is the reason for 3 stars. The hat behaved well when it was dry, but the minute it got wet, the brim started folding down over her face (almost covering her eyes). Once in the pool, she kept trying to brush the brim off her face. I am attaching a picture that demonstrates this flaw. My younger child has a hat from a different manufacturer and the structural integrity on that one is far superior even after extended water use.
All in all, while it did an admirable job of protecting her from the harsh sun, I wouldn't recommend it for water use because of the folding brim issue. If i play can fix this design flaw, they would have a winner on their hands.
I also bought the 9-18 month hat when she was around seven months old and it fit her well (both of my kiddos have 95-99% head circumferences, so we buy hats pretty large) with sliding the brilliant toggle strap under the brim. Now that she's 11 mos., though, it's too small so we'll be buying the 2T size for the rest of the summer.
If it gets wet, it dries very quickly in the sun. Getting it wet makes the brim extra floppy, which I've seen some complaints about in other reviews, but this hat has never hung down in front of her face, she's always able to see.
The only negative I have are the ties for under the chin. It doesn't stay tied because our daughter loves to pull on it and play with it (as babies will) - I'm half tempted to cut them off because, unless there's a stronger wind, the hat doesn't come off on it's own.