Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,901 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,056 reviews
on August 29, 2015
Great hat fits great !! Did get a bit floppy when when but no biggie !!!
on May 16, 2015
The i play solid rim sun protection hat fit my 3 year old as expected, and did a great job of protecting her from the harsh tropical sun. We used it in the pool and on the beach, but there is one flaw that left me disappointed.

Let me start by comparing pros & cons:
Pros:
- Bright, beautiful color.
- Drawstring allows me to adjust this to her head circumference.
- Easy to tie a knot and secure it under her chin. Some people prefer velcro closures, but because my daughter has a smaller head, a simple knot mechanism works better. We returned another hat because the velcro stayed loose on her.
- Lightweight. Used it for hours without it bothering my daughter.
- Water resistant. Perfect for pool or beach.

Cons:
- Brim is not sturdy enough. This is the reason for 3 stars. The hat behaved well when it was dry, but the minute it got wet, the brim started folding down over her face (almost covering her eyes). Once in the pool, she kept trying to brush the brim off her face. I am attaching a picture that demonstrates this flaw. My younger child has a hat from a different manufacturer and the structural integrity on that one is far superior even after extended water use.

All in all, while it did an admirable job of protecting her from the harsh sun, I wouldn't recommend it for water use because of the folding brim issue. If i play can fix this design flaw, they would have a winner on their hands.
review image
55 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2016
It is cute and my 11 month old daughter doesn't rip it off nearly as often as a hat with velcro. I agree with the review that says it's not meant for water play, though. Even a brief sprinkler gigglefest wound up with it super saggy/floppy and over her eyes.
I also bought the 9-18 month hat when she was around seven months old and it fit her well (both of my kiddos have 95-99% head circumferences, so we buy hats pretty large) with sliding the brilliant toggle strap under the brim. Now that she's 11 mos., though, it's too small so we'll be buying the 2T size for the rest of the summer.
VINE VOICEon April 17, 2015
So cute and fits great! My son is 4 months old and it fits like a glove!
on June 30, 2016
The perfect summer hat for my 1-year-old and 3-year-old daughters! I ordered the 2T--4T size for both of them. Thanks to the drawstring, it fits both of them. I am so glad, because it is hard to find a wide-brimmed sun hat that fits my 3-year-old, who is the size of your average kindergartener! I do think that this hat is a more feminine style, so it may not be ideal for little boys, but ultimately that would be a personal style choice. :-)
on June 24, 2017
The material feels nice and the fit is good. I especially like that it is adjustable for baby's growing head circumference. I also like that there is a breathable inner layer that looks like it will absorb the sweat and keep baby comfortable. I agree with others that it may be too floppy and fall in front of baby's eyes, but I think it is difficult to strike a balance between a brim that is too wide (floppy) and not wide enough (doesn't block sun), so I'm ok with it being a little on the floppy side. What really surprised me was the poor construction quality; I expected better from such a popular product. The stitches are a complete mess (photo attached). It looks like some amateur sewing that I'd do at home. Fortunately, it seems to be just cosmetic and doesn't look like it's going to cause the hat to come apart (we'll see, I just got it...)
on June 28, 2016
The hat was cute and excellent quality. However, once wet it was so floppy and droopy that I couldn't see my baby's face for pictures, much less safety reasons! When your baby is sumerged in a floatie up to their shoulders you need to be able to see that they aren't taking in water under there! It also took FOREVER to dry!!! I returned it.
on October 5, 2016
Great sun hat for protecting baby's skin from the sun. Bigger brim than expected, which I really like because it provides more protection from the sun and looks cuter. it's adjustable which is great since it was a little big at first but I was able to size it a little smaller and can make it larger as my baby grows!
on February 25, 2015
After washing this hat once on the gentle cycle and then air drying it, part of the seam on the brim of the hat came unraveled. It's sewn from the inside, so it cannot be easily fixed. Also, the plastic tightener on the string used for adjusting the hat's size to the wearer does not stay in place. When we tried to put the hat on the baby, it easily loosened, which will be increasingly annoying as our baby gets older and more grabby. This hat was a big disappointment as we expected it to be much more durable.
on April 5, 2017
I bought this for my 2 month old for a trip to San Diego in February. She is big for her age, but this hat was still pretty large on her. It does have a cord around the head to make it smaller, which helped, but it didn't seem to stay tight enough to stay on her head. The brim is also pretty floppy, so I felt like I was adjusting it constantly. Overall, it kept the sun out of her face and I think it will be much better this summer when she grows into it a bit more.