Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 708 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 762 reviews
on May 5, 2016
UPDATE 2 - I called iPlay customer service and was told that changed this product in 2016 and made the length shorter! The new product shipped out earlier this year and most retailers don't carry the older version anymore, so the 500+ great reviews below no longer apply in my opinion. If you order this year, you'll most likely get the super short version with the bee logo.

UPDATE - I went to a local baby store that carries this in different colors and found out what the problem is. There are two different versions of the same rashguard under the same UPC . One has a bee logo and the numbers 16615V00149 on the tag. The second one has two different logos for different colors (flower on the pink, turtle on the navy etc.) and the numbers 36414V00149. Problem is the first one with the bee is about two inches SHORTER than the other one. In fact the 3T bee version was shorter than the 18 month turtle version! They were all mixed up in the store on the rack so unless you were paying close attention you wouldn't realize which one you grabbed. I'm guessing these were made in different years, because everything else is the same (made in China, 82% nylon).

Since the Amazon picture doesn't necessarily seem to depict the version you'll receive, you may end up with a great fitting rashguard or you may end up with a crop top. Buyer BEWARE!

Nice color and quality, but the length is oddly short, almost like a crop top. Also the bottom is cut circular and not flat, making it even shorter on the sides. I'm considering exchanging for a bigger size, but worried it would be too baggy since the 3T is already fits loosely on my 26 month old, especially in the arms. For reference he's 30 lbs and 36 inches.

I've bought three different rashguards from Carters', Disney and Target this year - they're all 3T and fit about the same. This one's about 3 inches shorter than all the others (in fact it's the same length as an 18 month rashguard we used last summer). Please see photo for comparison.
review image
11 comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2013
Order at least 2 sizes bigger than you feel like you need....seriously.... the i play line runs SMALL.... trust me.
on February 23, 2013
To help those who are ordering sight unseen, the sizing listed by iPlay does not match sizing found in major stores. We have a 12 month old boy who is in the 75th percentile for height,weight, and head size. In Carters, Children's Place, etc... he wears 18m or 24m stuff depending on the item. We ordered the 3T to be safe and it just barely fits him (minus the arms). I can't see how this will last him the whole year. For comparison, we put it on top of his Koala Kids 12months rashguard. The iPlay 3T is about 1 inch longer in top to bottom height and is actually slightly skinnier in stomach and chest width. The neck size is the worst of all. We have to stretch this thing out with all our might to get it over his head and he cries when we do it. We don't have this problem with his 12m Koala which has a bigger neck than this 3T. The 3T arms do look okay in length and width though for our child, but again we are talking about a 1 year old here. There is no way this would cover his arms in 2 years. I know these are tight fitting, but this is certainly not sized for an average 3 year old. Compared to his other rashguards it is just too short, skinny, and a small neck hole. Surely they don't think a 3 year old is only an inch taller than a 1 year old in torso length. This product would work for him today at 12months, but there is no chance it would fit him at 18m.

Other stuff:
As for material and quality, it seems okay, but it is certainly a step down in feeling from his Koala Kids. Not a deal breaker though and it may be better long term, but it's too hard to say.
The color and design matched the site image perfectly, so no surprises there.

Summary: I wouldn't buy again because I don't feel the product design works well size wise. So iPlay, please make your neck holes bigger and/or stretchier. Then make the torso length and size bigger. Then I'll take one.
0Comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2017
I really like this rash guard. It does protect my baby from sunburn, which is my main goal. There are two cons and the reason for 3 stars instead of 5. First, it is a tad short in the torso and long in thd sleeve. Which can be rolled so a very small incomvenience. Second, it got mildewy spots the second time it got wet and dried outdoors. They are very small, Ive seen this happen before with bathing suit material, but it was dissapointing that it hsppened so quickly even with proper care. All and all a nice rash guard for the price. I love the iplay hat that I ordered simultaneously.
on September 16, 2017
I bought these last year for my girls to use during the summer, but I am just now able to write a review. Based on the size clothes they were wearing last year the 12mo should have fit them, but they were way to big. I saved them in hopes they would fit this year and they do! They moved up to 18mo size clothing this year and these fit perfectly now. I hate it took a year from when I bought them, but now that I know how they fit I will buy the next size up for next summer. I do recommend these as they protected my girls from harmful UV rays, but keep in mind that they run a little big.
on June 14, 2017
I bought this in 2T last year and absolutely loved the look and feel as well as the sun protection my son received. This year, without hesitation I ordered 3T and it's the same size as the 2T I had and SHORTER! What's up with the length? I was beyond upset because I got rid of the tags, put it in my bag to head to the playground. We were already at the sprinklers at 2:30 pm in 90 degrees- I had no other option but to put this shirt on him which I would have otherwise returned 110% - Buyer be aware. I will go to a store and purchase my next Rashguard. This was a waste of my money.
on February 6, 2017
I bought this for my 2 and a half year old daughter with a lot of fear for some negative cement that I had read, BUT I must say that it has turned out perfect! I bought size 3 for her and it has remained as expected, not very fair nor very large. Excellent quality! I love!!!
on August 23, 2016
Loved this shirt. However, the arms were a little big for my 5 month old and the hold was tight. It was hard to get his head through there. But once it was on, he loved it and looked so cute!
review image review image
on June 29, 2016
I had read some of the reviews stating that the ones shipping out in 2016 are shorter than previous years, etc. I went ahead and bought a 3T for my daughter following the weight guidelines according to iPlay. Like others, this was short on my daughter. The arms were fine, but could have used another inch of length. As far as length goes, it fit her with her arms down but as soon as she raised her arms you saw her belly. It was a little bit tighter on the chest also. I am going to return for a 4T in hopes that it is a little longer and will fit her for a bit more time. My daughter is 33 pounds and average height for her age.

PROS:
-Quality
-Looks as pictured

CONS:
-too short
-a little too tight

UPDATE:
I ordered the 4T and due to it being a bigger size it is naturally a little longer (maybe about an inch) which helps, but this also makes it baggier and the arms a little longer. We will have to settle for this one unless I can find a previous years model somewhere. The proportions are just off on this new model of shirt they have come out with.

Since my daughters was too small I went ahead and ordered my son a bigger size. He usually wears 12month tops (20 pounds). I ordered an 18month (Bee logo) and 24 month (turtle logo). Just comparing the two of those there is a CRAZY difference of 3 inches longer! The 18month fits him, but is a little long in the sleeves. He is small for his age (15 months old) but I think even the 12 month shirt would be too short on him.
on June 13, 2016
Love, love, loved having these for my kids on our vacation to the beach! We didn't have to keep lathering them with sunscreen where the shirt covered them. The kids never complained about the shirt comfort. When they were wet and it was breezy, they complained a bit that they were cold, but I think that would have happened if they were just wearing their bathing suits anyway. My only complaint is that the sand gets stuck between the two layers of fabric a little, so the lighter color fabrics show the sand which makes the shirt look a little dirty. I've laundered them numerous times but the sand stays in the fabric. There is a little fading of colors after salt water, chlorine, and laundering over and over. I highly recommend these shirts!!!