Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,831 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,969 reviews
on May 16, 2015
The i play solid rim sun protection hat fit my 3 year old as expected, and did a great job of protecting her from the harsh tropical sun. We used it in the pool and on the beach, but there is one flaw that left me disappointed.

Let me start by comparing pros & cons:
Pros:
- Bright, beautiful color.
- Drawstring allows me to adjust this to her head circumference.
- Easy to tie a knot and secure it under her chin. Some people prefer velcro closures, but because my daughter has a smaller head, a simple knot mechanism works better. We returned another hat because the velcro stayed loose on her.
- Lightweight. Used it for hours without it bothering my daughter.
- Water resistant. Perfect for pool or beach.

Cons:
- Brim is not sturdy enough. This is the reason for 3 stars. The hat behaved well when it was dry, but the minute it got wet, the brim started folding down over her face (almost covering her eyes). Once in the pool, she kept trying to brush the brim off her face. I am attaching a picture that demonstrates this flaw. My younger child has a hat from a different manufacturer and the structural integrity on that one is far superior even after extended water use.

All in all, while it did an admirable job of protecting her from the harsh sun, I wouldn't recommend it for water use because of the folding brim issue. If i play can fix this design flaw, they would have a winner on their hands.
review image
55 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2015
Great hat fits great !! Did get a bit floppy when when but no biggie !!!
on July 15, 2016
I wanted to like this hat, but it just didn't work out. The brim is way too floppy that the slightest movement or wind would flip it up, defeating the purpose of blocking the sun. Be aware that if this hat gets wet, it becomes useless. It just completely collapses when wet and the brim was on my sons face covering his eyes. It also gets pretty flimsy when my son would get sweaty or even just the humidity from outside would make it "wet" and flop down on his face. I ended up later purchasing a Sunday Afternoons hat with a sturdy brim and that has been perfect.
on July 14, 2016
This sunhat is perfect. The big, wide brim more than covers her whole face, plus her shoulders and upper arms. The drawstring allows it to fit even the smallest baby's head, our little one started wearing it at 4 months. We were able to tighten the drawstring enough for it to fit perfectly on her, and it could definitely have gone smaller yet.

If it gets wet, it dries very quickly in the sun. Getting it wet makes the brim extra floppy, which I've seen some complaints about in other reviews, but this hat has never hung down in front of her face, she's always able to see.

The only negative I have are the ties for under the chin. It doesn't stay tied because our daughter loves to pull on it and play with it (as babies will) - I'm half tempted to cut them off because, unless there's a stronger wind, the hat doesn't come off on it's own.
review image review image review image review image
on August 3, 2016
It is cute and my 11 month old daughter doesn't rip it off nearly as often as a hat with velcro. I agree with the review that says it's not meant for water play, though. Even a brief sprinkler gigglefest wound up with it super saggy/floppy and over her eyes.
I also bought the 9-18 month hat when she was around seven months old and it fit her well (both of my kiddos have 95-99% head circumferences, so we buy hats pretty large) with sliding the brilliant toggle strap under the brim. Now that she's 11 mos., though, it's too small so we'll be buying the 2T size for the rest of the summer.
VINE VOICEon April 17, 2015
So cute and fits great! My son is 4 months old and it fits like a glove!
on June 30, 2016
The perfect summer hat for my 1-year-old and 3-year-old daughters! I ordered the 2T--4T size for both of them. Thanks to the drawstring, it fits both of them. I am so glad, because it is hard to find a wide-brimmed sun hat that fits my 3-year-old, who is the size of your average kindergartener! I do think that this hat is a more feminine style, so it may not be ideal for little boys, but ultimately that would be a personal style choice. :-)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 30, 2016
This hat is both cute and functional. It fit my son's head perfectly. He wore it from the age of 4 months until he was 18 months old. The brim is large enough that it provides ample protection from the sun and it also has two little straps that tie under his chin to keep the hat in place. Overall quality is really nice. The canvas/cotton type material is sturdy and not flimsy. Definitely a great buy and I plan to use it with my youngest son as well.
on October 2, 2016
This is the cutest hat ever. It's nice and wide to protect neck and face from the sun. It ties around the chin so it stays on well. Also has a pull string in the back to tighten up the fit of the hat. I love this hat and baby didn't mind having it on. I feel it is true to size.
on May 27, 2017
This hat was so highly rated I thought it must be at least a little functional, and I wasn't planning to have her wear it in the water so I figured it wouldn't be too floppy. Unfortunately this is not a hat, it's a blindfold that covers her eyes all the time. Doesn't matter if it's wet or not. Most of the time she's wearing the hat, she can't see a thing and I spend all my time getting it out of her eyes. I even tried to starch it. Will be buying another hat.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.