Top critical review
91 people found this helpful
Not our best idea
on August 22, 2011
As a treat to our 2 year old ACD mix, we bought this bone for her. She loves her nylabone durachew (much to my dismay) and we were aware that this one was actually edible before we bought it. We don't often give her treats like this, and she really seemed to love it. So much so, in fact, that the entire thing was nearly gone within 10 minutes..... and we purchased the largest one - the one with the first on the end since our dog is 50+ lbs.
I had a bad feeling about it, and a few hours later, it was confirmed. My dog started gagging and then vomitted. She ate it at about 4pm and got sick around 10pm. Slept through the night, although she woke me up a few times, and was still licking her mouth and gagging the next morning. I don't know if it's because the bone is really rich and she's not used to it, but I wouldn't recommend it unless it's a product you and your dog are already familiar with as it was our experience that it made our dog ill.
If you do purchase this product, definitely make sure you watch your dog with it - if they're eating it too fast, consider taking it away so they don't devour the entire thing in 10 minutes like ours did.