The sound of this system rivals my Bose CineMate Series II, which also produces excellent sound. The Yamaha, however, allows you to custom make your sounds: for example, adjusting the equalizer and volume levels - for each speaker! Also, connecting your television, cable, Firestick, etc., via the four HDMI inputs on the back of the receiver enhances the clarity of everything connected. IMPORTANT! You might consider reading the user guide thoroughly before setting up the system because it is not simply plug and play. It may take a couple weeks to tweak a number of things before you can more fully realize how great this system is. Be patient, take your time, and enjoy how flexible and phenomenal this system is!
Instructions how to connect a Sennheiser wireless headset to cable box and Firestick:
1. Connect an HDMI cable to a vacant HDMI port on the back of the Yamaha receiver.
2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the extractor OUT.
3. Connect the Firestick, etc., to the extractor IN.
4. Connect a 2-Male to 1-Female Stereo RCA Plug Y Splitter Adapter Cable to the cable box and one to the extractor (for both the "red" and "white;" which means the customer will need two Y Splitters)
5. Plug in the “red” and “white” cables from the Sennheiser to the appropriate place on the Adapter Cable, allowing the customer to listen to both stereo speakers and the headset simultaneously without cancelling out the other.
6. NOTE: Numbers 4 and 5 may require a different Y Splitter depending upon connections.