prAna Stretch Zion Pant
|Price:||$44.19 - $94.95|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- 97% Nylon/3% Spandex
- The original stretch 'Zion' fabric with durable water repellent (DWR) finish
- Quick Dry stretch performance fabric
- Abrasion resistant
- Mesh pockets
- Ventilated inseam gusset
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Stretch Zion Pant
Stretch Zion Short
|Rise||Sits just below the waist||Sits just below waist||Sits just below waist||Sits below waist||Sits below waist|
|Fit||Standard - more room in the seat and thigh||Slim through seat and thigh||Standard - more room through seat and thigh||Slim through seat and thigh||Standard - more room through seat and thigh|
|Features||Adjustable Waistband, Roll-up Leg Snaps, Single Cargo Pocket||5 Pocket Styling, Mesh Pockets||Adjustable Waistband, Single Cargo Pocket||Mesh Pockets, UPF 50+||5 Pocket Styling, Mesh Pockets|
The stretch Zion pant is constructed from our original stretch Zion fabric and woven with a durable water repellent finish. This standard fit pant has a ventilated inseam GUSSET, and roll-up leg snaps maximize air circulation. Complete with cargo pocket and UPF 50+ sun protection. Multiple inseams available.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I'm starting to realize denim was a bad choice.
Enter this pro combination: these pants and Uniqlo Airism boxer briefs. The ventilated crotch gusset keeps my boys breathing easy, and the material is stretchy and light, so movement is totally unrestricted and the shape of my glutes and quads are still available for mirin', without looking like I'm wearing Lululemons.
Stains and water just roll right off, and I can sink-wash and line-dry in like, an hour if, God help me, I have to wear them for a week straight.
I wear a W30L32 in Levi's 514s, and a Small 32 inseam fits me just right, if not quite as low-rise or snug as the Levi's.
-Single, subtle cargo pocket: appropriate for church and gym.
-Perfect if you only have space for a single pair of pants.
-Farts: shared immediately with all nearby.
The lightweight, stretchy, breathable and water repellent and quick drying nylon fabric makes them a perfect choice for this challenging environment. They have a gusseted triangular vented crotch feature that should aid in mobility and allow added venting in this active area of the pant. I have other favorite nylon hiking pants (Columbia Silver Ridge my favorite) hiking/ trekking pants and these appear to be a little heavier fabric but are still comparable in weight. Probably better fitted for somewhat cooler climates. No SPF factor is advertised by this manufacturer but due to the natural SPF of nylon fabric it is probably has a SPF rating of 40-50 - similar to the advertised SPF rating of the Columbia Ridge pants - another bonus feature of this pant for those who want to protect themselves from the deletrious effects of UV radiation.
Hopefully, durability is good as I plan to take them on a Joshua Tree National Park excursion with rock climbing planned! The double and triple stitching construction in key areas of the pant and metal waist closure button should provide some added durability (plastic buttons are not durable).
As far as fit goes, I ordered my normal size 34X32 and while they fit me as expected - although just a slight tight in the waist and crotch area. The adjustable belts helps but still a little tight. With this feature you can wear these pants without a belt. As other reviewers have indicated recently, they do run a little tight in the waist area even with the expandable belt in the fully open mode. If you are using these pants to conceal carry a weapon in IWB mode then you might want to order 2 sizes up to accomodate for this. I intend to order next size up size 35 on future orders to give a little more room in those areas.
Other features I like about these pant are the double zippered security pocket on the left pant leg that allows for both top and side access a really brilliant design and handy feature! Also, there is a security flap pocket (not velcro) on right hip to provide an extra level of security for storing wallet and or valuables. The large 2" wide belt loops allow for use of a wider belt that will better support and accomodate a OWB holster with no problem.
Only cons I see with these pants so far are the somewhat short depth front side pockets and short front fly zipper depth. Not enough to take away from my 5 star rating.
Happy Traveling and Trekking my friends!
1. They dry faster than any other quick dry pants Ive had before (my legs sweat and it pulled the moisture from my legs)
2. They are very water repellant, standing in a down pour wouldn't be good, but if you did they would dry quickly after the rain.
3. Stretch material, Im 6'2" 208lbs and have thicker thighs. Most pants I try on hug my thighs and I don't like that. It over heats me and just feels uncomfortable. There left room but not like windbreakers, enough to move and they don't restrict movement at all. If you can lift you leg over your head without pants, you can do it with these pants on (I can't do it but I know they would let you). The waist is not stretchy, just the pant material itself.
4. Breathability, for how well these repel water, they breath amazingly. Yes there are pants out there that you can feel a gentle breeze move through your pants, but they will also soak in a matter of seconds. Theses have vent holes in the crotch area which did there job :)
5. Durability is amazing. As I said I was walking through throne bushes, broken down branches/tree limbs and even through weeds that when my hands even brushed them I felt like fiber glass had been shoved in my hand. These pants didn't allow any of those things to touch my legs or tear the pants in any way.
6. Light weight, these are very light for how much they do. They weigh less than a pair of cargo shorts.
7. Roll Up Pant Leg Snaps. I honestly did not expect to care about this feature or use it. After our first day hike when we made camp. Taking off my boots and socks and being able to roll these up a few inches to keep them from touching the ground and dragging, and knowing they will not roll down after walking around every few mins. It also really does open up the leg to allow air flow which cooled me down quickly.
8. Waist pull strap, this made it do you don't need a belt which is amazing, although if you want one, it does has loops for a belt. Again, Im 6'2" 208lbs with a 36" waist. I ordered the XL and XXL. Someone stated they were 34 waist and the L were perfect. The XL were perfect for me. Not using the waist strap left some room for me if I wanted it, but with a little pull on the strap it snugged them up as well as a bet will. They XXL were like me putting on a 38" waist, the strap snugged them up perfectly, but there was a lot of bunching in the waist, if you like that go large, I didn't.
1. Side pocket, this is a great thing to have but it is pretty hard to unzip and sometimes zip closed. Meaning prepare to use both hands, one to hold the zipper and one to hold the pants. The pocket itself is roomy enough, but don't expect to carry a phone, wallet, car keys all together, although it would fit it wouldn't be comfortable.
2. Sizing chart, I had to order multiple sizes to figure out what size a 36" waist would be, this isn't that big of a deal, but the pants aren't cheap, and if your someone who can't buy multiple there should be a size chart at least letting people know, X-Small is 28" - Small is 30" - Medium is 32" - Large is 34" - X-Large is 36" - XX-Large is 38". I don't know if this is exact but from the 2 sizes I ordered XL and XXL, and the review I read stating he had a 34" waist and L was perfect. It seems this would be the case. Again do not quote me on this.
That is about it. I hope this helped some of you with your decision. These are worth the price, they are great looking hiking or casual pants that I believe will last a long time. I recommend these to anyone!
Most recent customer reviews
Instead a cheaper model prAna _Brion_ pants was delivered - a model...Read more