Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

why the low price from third party sellers? where do they get them?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2011, 5:09:45 PM PDT
i was wondering why the third party sellers are selling way lower than amazon's price?
where do they get their items?

Posted on Feb 4, 2012, 8:28:01 AM PST
I am not an expert of the subject so I can't answer very well but a lot of them, for other items like TVs - they get items that maybe fell off the truck and are refurbished or whatever, or they get a shipment of crap they don't want and so they try to get rid of it, or various other reasons. I don't question it, I just revel in affordability.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012, 2:21:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012, 2:23:40 PM PDT
Maybe they're trying to undercut Amazon. If the product is available brand new directly from Amazon, why would anyone choose a less reliable third person vendor charging more? I like to support small businesses, but I'm just looking at reality. It's my experience that third party vendors can only get away with really high prices when the item is no longer in print/production or is hard to find.

I've always assumed, if it's a new product on the market, people buy them, possibly in bulk, to sell them on, whether from the original distributor or another retailer/other party. But if they sell them for less than they paid, they aren't necessariily profitting, especially if the earnings are split with Amazon, so this doesn't seem like routine retail--I see what you mean. All in all, it seems like Amazon Marketplace can't be the sole source of income for most of the merchants who use it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about