Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 589 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 642 reviews
on August 17, 2014
UPDATE April 2016:
Now that my toddler is an almost 3.5-year-old and we have (mostly ;-) successfully made it through potty training, I just wanted to give an update that this book, as well as "Potty" Potty (Leslie Patricelli board books), continued to be favorites and kept us on track during all of potty training over the past two years.

The story is simple and silly, and it doesn't just focus on the traditional potty training themes, but puts emphasis on the privilege of getting to wear big girl panties. It pairs well with the potty training approach of emphasizing keeping undies dry (vs. not getting them wet) — so it makes the statement positive vs. negative. A favorite page in the book states that babies, teddy bears, alligators etc. can't wear panties, only big girls can — my toddler loved this, I think because it made wearing panties/using the potty special vs. a chore. She also really liked the pages that state that "mommies, grandmas and aunties wear panties" — I think because she liked seeing the relation to other "big girls."

Especially during the more challenging potty training moments, when my toddler would refuse to look at other potty training books entirely, she still got a laugh out of this one (and "Potty" mentioned above), so I would say this book was a great tool in keeping my toddler interested in potty training by making it more fun.

I don't know how much of this can be attributed to this particular book, but picking out undies for the day is still a favorite activity for her and a great motivator to get out of bed and get dressed :-) I also give her undies as gifts for birthdays and holidays, because she is still really excited about them and unwrapping these she gets the same sparkle in her eye as unwrapping a toy.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
My 19-month old is enamored with this book and studies it very closely every time we read it. The story is very relatable (showing saying bye to diapers, only big girls wear panties and babies wear diapers, etc.) to get started on potty training and the illustrations are cute and engaging.
on December 27, 2013
This is a great book to encourage little girls to WANT to wear underwear.
My favorite line-"I can prance in my panties and dance in my panties!"
My 2 year old daughter can say much of the story. It's cute, the pictures adorable and a fun book about the JOYS of being a big girl and getting to wear fun panties!
on February 3, 2016
This book has been really helpful the past few weeks when i've been trying to get my toddler to use the potty. She gets excited about reading this book. Like, really excited. When I give her five books to read, including this one, she chooses this one first. Then we move on to another book, and halfway through she wants to read this book again. She's been doing a good job going potty and repeats sentences in this book.
on April 6, 2015
My girly was super unexcited about potty training. She was into diapers, and that was that. So I told her the Easter bunny took all her diapers to make hats for his rabbit friends and left a basket of big girl potty things. I included this book.

She really liked it. It's easy and fun to read. The illustrations are very cute. I especially emphasized the page about babies not being able to wear panties - as we have a new baby in the house. She has been telling her little sister that she can't wear panties cause she's not a big girl (thanks to this book!).

This is a very good book - I highly recommend it for anyone trying to get their little one interested panties!
on September 19, 2016
My 27 month old LOVES this book, and LOVES for her Daddy to be the one to read it. I would give this book five stars just for listening to my husband read it....so priceless for a grown man to be animatedly reading about "prancing in panties", lol. Regardless, it's a fun book to get toddlers excited about wearing big girl panties. It rhymes, it has colors and shapes and days of the week, and it's just cute. Win win win.

If you found this review helpful, please up vote me!
on December 25, 2016
We are in the very early stages of potty training, but this is a fun book to read with our 22-month-old daughter. She really likes pointing out all of the animals and pointing at the diaper going in the trash and the big girl panties on the mommy, the auntie, etc. It's an empowering and fun book for little girls to learn to transition into big girl panties. I'll update and let you know if it's helping as we get further in our journey.
on October 10, 2016
This book has been a lifesaver for our family, so much that we've bought it twice! Our first daughter didn't want to give up the "security" of her pull up to wear panties. After just one reading, she was excited to start wearing them. Our second daughter was a nudist, so we bought this book again (gave the first to friends) and she will willingly keep panties on.

What helps so much is the silly rhymes that as easy to remember. The girls liked pointing to which panties they wanted to wear in the book and loved the part of the book that asked if they were a big girl
on May 12, 2013
My 2.5 year old loves this book. She just transitioned into 2T girl panties and I thought this would be a great book to help her see and connect that it wearing panties means growing up and being a big girl. No more diapers... and these aren't for babies. Only big girls can wear panties.

Favorite line from the book:
"Mommies and Grannies and Aunties wear panties! And I wear panties!" She knows this line by heart. She also learned her days of the week with this book.

We just wish it were longer.
on October 26, 2016
This book is great for introducing the big girl underpants to your child. We bought big girl pants and this book to help our 2yr old to potty train. She points to the pant on the page and understands that it's just like her pants. I'm not a big fan of the word "panties" but it does have some really cute rhyming qualities in the book.
I like how it asks the child, do you where big girl panties? and my child responds yes. And then the books states then your a big girl too.
This book is great reinforcing that if your child uses the toilet she's a big girl and moms, grandma, and aunties all wear panties.
on August 2, 2014
Our 3-year old granddaughter had NO interest in going on the pot "like a big girl." But we did the preliiminary psychops, and read her the book--which she loved, and wanted us to read it to her many times. Then she wanted to go get the panties. Then she wanted to go on the pot! Eureka! After just a little while, she is doing great.