Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 8, 2016
As with all of A Rich's books, I will be reading and rereading this for years. Always a poet, her passion and commitment to women never falters and always manages to shake my view of my life
on August 3, 2015
I am glad I was able to find a copy after losing my copy twenty years ago! It came in time and was in good shape at a great price!
on June 18, 2015
She was a treasure and I hope to read and own all her work.
on August 6, 2013
After I received the book and did a quick review, I realized it had good information, but suddenly i realized it was not as interesting as i thought. it was a little too scholarly for me at this time.
on November 17, 2014
wonderful.
on October 7, 2015
Couldn't tell you about the book because it was a gift
on November 4, 2011
Adrienne Rich is a thinker, and yeah, the reader who said this book was outdated is probably right about that. Thinking IS pretty outdated these days - as are truth and authenticity. Although this book is written from a feminist perspective, Rich's commentary on the destructive aspects of lies, secrets and silence applies to all of humanity.
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 11, 2015
very marked up book ...
on August 26, 2016
KINDLE EDITION REVIEW Love this book, read it for the first time 35 years ago and was looking forward to reading it again. My only complaint is the digitization - whoever did this needs to do it again. In the essay about Anne Bradstreet, the word 'God' appears often and always converts to 'Cod' which kind of takes away from the seriousness of the topic! Even in this one essay I also noticed a couple of other scan errors like this. Please improve this digital edition and I'll be on it.
on September 3, 2015
Sorry, I haven't read this in ~30 years but the poetry in this book was coming back to me today, in my musing re: relationships between women and, wondering what the impact of having, as women, to lie so much might do to our psyches? Well, by lying here, I mean via objectification and internalization of that. Need to get more copies of her poetry -- remember her seeming so masterful a poet.