Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 29, 2013
While the information in the book was once applicable, it is outdated and does not apply to the updates andnscreen changes that twitter has made. it was difficult to try to match the book info to Twitter page info.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 5, 2012
This book would be a lot more helpful, if half of the resources mentioned in the book existed on the Internet. Unfortunately I experienced an exercise in frustration when I tried to connect to resources mentioned in the book that didn't exist. As far as I'm concerned, the book should be read through a straw.
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2014
This is the worse how do book. They assume you know basic detail. Most people buy the book to learn the basics. Such as how do you set up between.

Getting this book was the big disappointment. They did a good job on other dummy books. They must've felt they didn't need to make an effort to teach the dummy out Twitter works. I purchased two books for my daughter and one for myself. It was a complete waste of money. I doubt I will ever buy another dummy book. And will let my friends know, there is no value waste your money and time.
VINE VOICEon January 26, 2012
Luara Fitton, Michael E. Gruen ans Leslie Poston's TWITTER FOR DUMMIES may have been outdated by the time it came off the press. Twitter changes so fast that the only was to learn it is to become familiar with the basic terms (provided in this book) and then get out there and use it for a limited time every day. Choose different times of the day and night then your individual tweet may not get lost among the shear volume of tweets.
My advice is practice on friends and family before you tackle the mass of users. This is one title that could benefit from being an e-book with instant updates.
It is a huge world out there in Twitter land and many of the hints are good, but by now have been over used so much they resemble spam.
Nash Black, author of SANDPRINTS OF DEATH
on October 4, 2014
I have just started Twittering. Being relatively new to all the jargon, the book may have been written "for dummies" but I needed a book for REALLY dummies with more illustrations! Over all it was very helpful to get started.
on January 7, 2014
The book is okay. I'm certainly not a dummy, but the authors sure do repeat a lot of the same unusable information over and over. Books like this should get to the point, step by step and leave out all the extra "why" stuff that's already been covered. I had to take a break from reading the book, but I'm sure I'll get back to it again.
on April 7, 2012
Here's a great book - easy to read and understand that clearly explains the what why where when and how to use Twitter: what more could you want?
on February 3, 2012
This book could benefit from a better index. For example, the main reasons I bought it were to learn how to send tweets and retweet. The former was not listed at all and the directions for the latter are difficult to execute on my computer. At 68, I'm not technically savy and consequently need clear, simple and specific instructions with diagrams which reflect those on my computer. Unfortunately, yours do not which means that I'm still unable to complete those tasks.
I'm beginning to learn how to send the same tweet to my followers, but have not yet found out how to do several other tasks and am hoping your book will help in those areas. Several people have made requests to follow me yet when I have pressed "accept" their names have not appeared on my list of followers. Finally, I'm working on my lists now and do not yet know whether your book has been helpful enough in that area.
I hope that this frank critique is useful.
Sincerely,
W. Walker
88 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 11, 2014
Very well written and helpful.
on November 8, 2015
Older version, still haven't read thoroughly, but has been of great help!