Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 195 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 239 reviews
When my wife and I watch TV, some of our favorite shows are the cooking competitions on cable networks like Food Network and Bravo. Lately, it seems like the hottest shows are the ones that tickle our sweet tooth (Cupcake Wars, Just Desserts, Sweet Genius, Last Cake Standing, etc.). And the hottest of the hot are cupcakes, which have become art forms as well as tasty delights.

After seeing an online sample of "What's New Cupcake," I downloaded the book. The cupcakes shown in the book are some of the most outstanding examples of baking art that I've ever seen, and the Kindle Fire HD is a great platform for viewing the cupcakes in all their glory. It's tough to pick my favorites, but the Chinese Takeout, Stuffed Turkeys, and Indian Corn were remarkably creative with their display of colors and details. A number of the cupcakes were holiday-themed and would certainly be a showcase of a home baker's skills.

I believe that the authors' intention was to give enough details for readers to be able to recreate the cupcakes in their own kitchens. I doubt if either my wife or I have enough dexterity or patience to do this, but I'm sure that many readers would enjoy the challenge.

My only disappointment with the book is that there are seven videos that I could not view, instead getting the message "There is video content at this location that is not currently supported by your device." I assume that the video requires Adobe Flash, which is not supported by my Kindle Fire HD 7" tablet. I also tried to view the videos with Kindle for PC, but I got the same message.

Overall, the book was a joy to read and be dazzled by the high quality color photography of cupcake art at its finest.
on April 12, 2017
What a comprehensive and creative cookbook! So glad that I ordered it. It arrived on time, and was in very good condition, as the seller indicated. I would recommend this book to any beginner cupcake aficionado or expert - and everyone in between. Really quite lovely!
on March 4, 2017
Love this easy guide to being a cupcake superstar. Step by step instructions and beautiful full color pictures make it a perfect instructional
on December 14, 2011
I have this book, along with "Hello, Cupcake!" (Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make) and have been using the ideas for about a year and a half.

The ideas in this series of books are extremely attractive and creative. I have never worked with fondant, but I've heard some say that they don't enjoy the taste. I found that working with different candies has been really fun and others have actually enjoyed eating the cupcakes! I've even been paid to make some cupcakes for parties.

People often tell me that the cupcakes I have made seem so difficult to make and that they "could never do that." I am not that artistic! I think anyone can make these cupcakes if they follow the simple directions and can find the ingredients needed. Sometimes the ingredients are no longer available (Oreo cereal), or are difficult to find, so I will substitute from time to time. It always works out just fine.

I really love these books, but I have to admit that I would not make every design included. I am very particular about the cupcakes I choose. I do not think the cupcakes that are covered in sprinkles would be all that appetizing. I also think chewing gum and circus peanuts would not taste good on a cupcake. So with that in mind, I only choose cupcakes that I would be willing to eat. That does eliminate several ideas from the books.

Even though you can find ideas online for free, I would recommend buying this book. I love being able to page through it and find great ideas for any occasion!

One thing I did change, though, was the table of contents. The cupcakes are not individually listed, so if I want to find a specific design, I have to page through them all. I took the liberty of typing up a list of all the design titles and page numbers and stuck in the front of my book. It really helps!
on October 16, 2011
After only one cupcake project I'm convinced this book is going to be useful for many fun projects over the years. Even someone like me with few artistic talents can have success making beautiful cupcakes on the first try! I also have very limited imagination but even I can see how easy it would be to modify aspects of a project based on availability of ingredients, personal tastes, or to complement specific color schemes. I've already been informed I'm to make the Stuffed Turkeys for Thanksgiving this year (will probably use Frosted Flakes instead of Grape-Nuts, and I plan to stuff with marshmallows instead of straight icing. They are soooooo cute!!!) The Customer Images don't lie...these really are do-able by your average cook, as long as you are willing to invest the time and money for ingredients (I found many items in small quantities at a local bulk food store.) This will be one cookbook I WILL use often!
on February 20, 2013
If you bake for bake sales this book is great! I would say these cupcakes are much more for looks than taste of course. The fun you can have creating these cupcakes is off the charts. The finished product however is a sugar buzz and a half because of the sugary ingredients you use, so be wary of that. Great ideas though and I love this book.
on November 4, 2010
I just received both books and are fascinated with the creativity of the cupcakes. Yes, I might agree some of the decorations might be overly sweet and in odd combinations, but I agree with most of the replies that unless you are a professional baker, you would have to use fondant, gum paste and all the other professional equipment to get the same results. I think the main idea is to WOW! whomever is being presented with these cupcakes, especially the kids. Just looking at the finished product would bring rave reviews. It is ingenious of the authors just to think up the various elements and ingredients just to achieve the final products.
As for the cupcake itself, use you own recipe for whatever one you choose. Don't knock the authors for not making this book a "recipe" book. Besides, I am sure the cupcake recipes presented are just fine. As far as I'm concerned everything is covered even a list where to get some of the ingredients. I live in South Florida and have discovered a great source for any type of candy imaginable that the book calls for. Can't wait to get "designing" with all the holidays coming up.
on March 31, 2017
Works Great!
on October 20, 2010
I loved "Hello Cupcake!" and I couldn't wait to try the sequel. These really are "Ingeniously simple designs for every occasion," to borrow the tag-line. There are sections for April Fools, birthday, animals, party, Halloween, Holidays, and a recipe section. There are so many cute ideas, which are broken down into easy step-by-step processes with specific ingredients and instructions. No special tools are required. One of the added benefits of this book, as opposed to its predecessor, is the "EZ Cupcake" designation. Several cupcakes are marked throughout the book; these are especially simple cupcakes that are easier to make, but no less cute. I've used this book quite a bit, and I'm sure I'll continue! I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys assembling cute cupcakes!
on July 16, 2012
I purchased this book with the first, "Hello, Cupcake" because I just loved the cover and had to make those cupcakes. The photos are beautiful. The "rubber ducky" cupcakes on the cover (the only ones I've made so far) are extremely labor intensive. There ARE detailed instructions, but what really helped me along, was going on youtube, where the authors demonstrate making these exact cupcakes...BIG HELP seeing it done!! To say these were a hit, is an understatement. People went CRAZY over them and couldn't believed they weren't purchased from a professional bakery. I can't wait to try others. Buy this book without hesitation!