Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on August 21, 2010
I purchased this after completing the campaign on casual (I didn't want to risk the story line being ruined) in order to go back and pick up the extra achievements I skipped out on, as well as to read about unit strengths/weaknesses. Overall, I rate this as a worthwhile purchase, however I was a little upset when I began to actually get into the specifics of the campaign.

Although my qualms with this product could certainly be due to Blizzard tweaking the game through updates or last minute changes after this book was published, it is still worth pointing out there will be some slight changes/omissions which I would have assumed were included/accurate. Two which I will point out for reference, are to the "Piercing the Shroud" level, the achievements have the wrong difficulties associated with them, and the maps don't always include locations for all of the achievements (ie, all of Tosh's units for "The Devils Playground").

Overall, it is worthwhile since Amazon is selling it cheaper than all my local competitors, just know that you will still have to google certain things if you don't want to explore everything on your own.
on August 17, 2010
So glad I purchased this! First of all it looks beautiful--lots of pretty screenshots--and second of all the content is great. The single player guide is what you would expect--shows how to get all the bonus objectives, etc--but the multiplayer guide really stands out, going in to a lot of detail on general strategy and featuring guides to every unit in the game. There are also strategies for specific builds and analysis of some maps, which are less about the specific maps and more about just knowing what to look for. Overall, very high quality. I'd recommend it especially for the rookie Starcraft 2 player.
on March 17, 2013
Having only tested the waters of StarCraft before jumping into the world of StarCraft 2, I felt a certain lack of preparation and I quickly ordered this book after installing the game. I'm very impressed with it, from a Campaign standpoint specifically, because the maps and strategy information are very useful. The maps help to find all the bonus objectives so you don't miss out on any research opportunities, and you'll know where attacks will be coming from so you'll be able to prepare defenses accordingly. From a multiplayer standpoint... Honestly, I really didn't play much of the multiplayer yet, since I knew it would be changing with the imminent release of Heart of the Swarm, so the information there is a bit dated, but the beginner strategies are always helpful for newer players like myself. And since the book has dropped in price considerably since the days of its release, I'd still say it's very worth it. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to gain the upper hand while experiencing this very impressive Campaign.
on September 12, 2010
The only thing holding me back from a 5 star review is the fact that the guide doesn't give you tips on getting any of the harder achievements in the game. Other than that it is a very in depth guide to everything else you need to know about the game. Gives good generalized tips on the single player missions, but nothing specific. It's also a great introduction to multi-player. Quite comprehensive in the multiplayer aspect with helpful "Starcraft Pro" tips. Worth picking up overall, especially for those that are newer to starcraft/RTS games.
on January 14, 2016
Most Awesome!!! Product arrived as advertised and earlier than the Estimated Delivery Date! Would definitely purchase products from this seller again, without any hesitation! Game played as advertised!
on September 7, 2010
Found this guide on Amazon for nearly 10$ less than in local stores, and figured I'd check it out seeing as I've been avidly playing SC2 since early beta. While the advice included for multiplayer it somewhat generic (which it has to be for any Blizzard game where patches are released frequently to balance game mechanics) it is good and helpful advice, even more so for players who aren't veterans of the original Starcraft. The campaign guide is fairly comprehensive as well, providing most every detail you need to achieve victory in the missions. Overall better than all the Brady guides that I've seen in the past.
on December 27, 2010
With about 60% of the guide dedicated to completing the campaign and obtaining achievements, the guide seems to be targeted towards rookies. There was some good info on multiplayer strategies, and the unit breakdowns were informative, but only available in summary format. One thing that this guide lacked was a unit stat/counter in spreadsheet format. Not being able to quickly reference this guide while playing to find out a units strengths/weaknesses without having to read a 2-3 page summary is a serious drawback.
on April 26, 2015
My 7-year old son loves watching us play Starcraft II but we try to be careful about how much screen time he gets. So he LOVES his Starcraft II book for its rich graphics, maps, and unit statistics, because we let him read it as long as he wants.
on November 19, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of RTS games, but Blizzard puts out wonderful products with amazing graphics that do not require you to buy a $500 video card to run. I'm an MMO guy, but I still go back to Starcraft occasionally because it is fun and I can see how someone who really likes RTS would love this game.
on March 3, 2014
A large strategy guide with a wealth of information. It has detailed mission walkthroughs, tips from pro players, unit strenths and weaknesses, etc. Basically, anything you could want to know about playing the game. Good buy.