YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services JustAddMagic JustAddMagic JustAddMagic  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon NYNN

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on January 26, 2015
 The Story of Snow is one of Julien's favorite books. Not only does this book contain stunning pictures of dozens of snow crystals, but it also explains the creation of snow in ways that will engage children young and older. The entire life of a snow crystal, from creation to withering, is included in the book with special emphasis placed on the uniqueness of all crystals and the imperfections that we are likely to see. The easy to read text and great imagery make this book special, and the final page about how to catch and observe crystals will allow kids to try out what they have learned on a snowy day. Check out more of Julien's reviews on his Youtube channel - julesandmetv and follow us on twitter @julesandmetv
on April 16, 2012
I bought this to read to my 5 year old grandson on our Kindle Fire. The photographs of ice crystals and snowflakes were gorgeous, but most of the print was too small to read on the Kindle. Then I discovered an App for my iPad that allowed me to read Kindle books on the iPad. It solved the problem perfectly. In retrospect I would buy the hard copy of the book, or the iBook, and skip the Kindle version entirely. As a retired elementary teacher I am confident this book will be enjoyed by both children AND those who read to them.
on May 12, 2010
Used with a fifth-grade unit on the states of water presented during winter, this book was a great way to extend a discussion of water crystals and to generate snow activities. It presents snowflake forms other than the common star students think of most often. The size comparison circles are a valuable way of demonstrating just how small parts of our world really are. I recommend it highly.
on December 27, 2009
This is a wonderful book, full of fantastic images and interesting facts about the science and appearance of snow crystals. Ideal for all ages, especially grade school students. Very highly recommended.
on January 31, 2015
My class of preschool kids enjoy this look at snowflakes. While it may be intended for an older audience, the 3 year olds in my class have requested this book over and over. We carefully trace the speck of dirt becoming a snowflake and carefully count the "points" on the snowflakes each time. Excellent book!!
on January 19, 2016
This book is just something fun to know. I bought this for my grade school grandchildren. We live where it doesn't snow. Thought it would just be fun to teach and then go to the mountains to the snow this winter.
on January 23, 2016
This is a good book for children and adults alike. With pictures and descriptions (not too long, not too short) it acquaints the reader with the basics of snow, how it is formed and why it looks like flakes.
on November 16, 2014
Snow flakes are a natural wonder. This book explains how snow crystals are formed and how to capture these terrific crystals which hold their shape ever so briefly. The science explains the shape and the beauty of snow flakes but he wonder of these amazing crystals only grows.
on May 3, 2012
This book was from a library and it's in great condition. Shipped fast and is perfect for my classroom. The seller described the item just as it came. I will definitely be using this for a lesson in the future!
on January 19, 2013
I think my older granddaughter liked it more than the younger one because she is in school and just starting science. It was nice though for both because they enjoyed learning about snow, which they both love a bunch. It was written so it was easy to understand and I enjoyed reading it to them.