Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on February 14, 2016
I love this book, and am impressed that I have finally found a grill/BBQ cookbook that uses smoke as an ingredient. Once I discovered "smoke-roasting" (indirect grilling using hardwood for smoking) many years ago, I have had some difficulty finding a cookbook that uses wood smoke for almost anything and everything cooked on the grill. Barton Seaver hits every recipe with full force, and also proposes eating less meat and more vegetables, which is something my family is working into our diet. Grilled and smoked vegetables are absolutely fantastic, and Mr. Seaver has provided even more ideas to add to my grilling prowess after returning from the farmer's market!
on May 23, 2017
Arrived as described. Good recipes for brine, marinades and sauces.
on July 7, 2013
Ideas: 5; Accuracy of recipes: 2. Some phenomenal ideas - charred vegetables in the coals I'd never thought of and will use forever. However, some of the recipes don't come out well with the quantities specified -- the veggie burgers being almost a disaster. Had to almost double some stuff and cut others by half (beets especially) to make them edible and not fall apart.
on May 22, 2013
Bart Seaver has done it again. Where There's Smoke has some great insights into heat and flavor as well as his usual brilliant and well tested recipes. I confess that Bart reinforces my personal prejudice of real charcoal over gas... I have already bought two copies. One is headed to a young couple just getting married. They will thank me for life. And, let's not forget that it is a beautiful book (as is For Cod and Country) fit for the coffee table, the kitchen, the shelf by the grill...or bedtime reading.
on December 15, 2015
This is a must have book if you like to smoke and try their recipes. I have used several recipes and one favorite is smoking the turkey and then BBQing... meat fell off the bone, looking to try more, and the book is very informative to those who have never smoked before. Shipping was fast and efficient
on May 15, 2017
Amazing read.(yes, I read cookbooks like regular novels). I've really enjoyed Barton's descriptions and techniques.
on August 6, 2015
This is one of my go to books at this point. Great recipes. And, unlike most other BBQ books you can actually find some options that are not the traditional unhealthy fat laden BBQ. Dont get me wrong, I love the fatty stuff. But this book is set apart from the others in that it gives a wider variety than most.
on January 15, 2014
Ordered this as a Christmas gift for my "amateur chef" brother-in-law who especially enjoys grilling and smoking. While I am not a cookbook guru, I was very happy wit this product - as was he. It is large with a textured cover and glossy pages inside. Flipping through it, it includes a lot of pictures and quite a few great recipes as well as grilling/smoking techniques. Great purchase.
on December 28, 2014
I wanted more pages dedicated to the details of grilling and less recipe pages.
on April 12, 2015
Great detail on the process of smoking and wonderful recipes to try this upcoming summer