Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Daddy Hugs (Classic Board Books)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: Board book|Change

on June 14, 2007
"Daddy Hugs" is one of the only baby-toddler books I've seen out there about Dads that doesn't focus on the stereotypical "macho-man" Daddy roles (like building a tree house or going camping/fishing). This is a great book for Daddies to read to their little ones that reinforces a more modern, nurturing Daddy. In the book, Karen Katz counts 10 different ways Dads can give their babies hugs (i.e.: kissing boo-boos, burping, getting ready for bed, first steps, playing hide-and-seek, dancing on Daddy's feet, etc.) The board book format makes this a great gift to give to new Dads, to incourage the ritual of reading to baby. Great way for new Dads who may even be a bit nervous about their new role to bond with their babies and see just how special that relationship can be.
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2006
My husband reads this book to our daughter before bed. I bought this when she was 6 months old. She is now almost 1 year and she excitedly points to this book for bedtime storytime. The only other book she also gets excited about is "Mommy Kisses". Highly recommended!
on September 26, 2015
Bought this for my Husband to have a special book to read to her. Each page also has counting which is awesome! All of us love it. Lots of pages and good size.
review image review image
on July 30, 2015
My daughter got this book for her daddy for fathers day and they read it together all the time!
review image
on April 21, 2015
We have a lot of Karen Katz books so I was excited to get this book for my husband and daughter. There are 10 types of hugs but they range in age so it's hard for my husband to do all of the types of hugs with our 15 month old. For instance, it talks about finger hugs and first step hugs. Sure, my daughter used to hug our fingers when she was a baby but she hasn't done that in months. Plus she started walking at 11 months so we're way past the first step hugs. It's hard for my husband to act these out with her and she quickly loses focus because of that. We like the book but it's not one we regularly reach for.
on July 5, 2006
This is a great book that focuses on time with daddy. Most baby/toddler books focus around the mommy. This is refreshing! The pages are made of a shiny-like paper, so I'd recommend this for a toddler over the age of 14 months, so no accidental ripping occurs. The illustrations are cute, so the child can understand what's going on without reading the words. My daughter's favorite page is when the daddy kisses the baby's boo-boo. The actions between the daddy and the baby are general enough that any family can relate.
VINE VOICEon October 15, 2007
My husband and I both love reading this sweet book to our 6-month-old son. It shows different ways a dad shows his love for a baby of indeterminate gender ("finger hugs," "make it better" hugs, etc.)

As with all Karen Katz's books, the illustrations are darling. (The baby and the kitty are especially cute!) It's also very colorful and seems to really hold our son's attention.
on February 11, 2010
I got this as a present to my husband from our daughter for Christmas. It was his favorite present by far. There aren't a whole lot of "Daddy" books out there so I was happy to find one. The pictures are eye catching, the storyline simple, and the board book pages are perfect since my toddler loves to rip paper like it is going out of style! Get this book for your daddies to read to your babies. They will love!
Who doesn't like hugs from daddy? Hugs from any loved one, even.

The author, Karen Katz, has written a book about love. Certainly about hugs, but that means love. A baby when it wakes up is usually greeted with a hug and some kisses, or many kisses , many hugs. And, on through the day, hugs and kisses are given by daddy, in this case. Hugs are one of the most enjoyable forms of life, and baby knows when he us hugged by his mommy that lee shines through. During the day, you can count the hugs, and daddy hugs are particularly beautiful and meaningful. A child who is hugged will always remember the love that shines through. Have you been hugged by your daddy recently?

Parents/teachers will enjoy reading the book to their children. Children will enjoy the soothing lying tone of voice test comes through when reading this book. The illustrations are lovely, vivid and colorful, and depict the day of hugs from daddy.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 07-25-15
on February 24, 2016
Ordered this for my brother/nephew and my brother was thrilled! As far as he knew there were not a lot of dad/child specific books and it made his day to receive this for Christmas. I know he treasures his time with my nephew and after reading through the book it definitely provides them cute father/son dedicated reading time. Very happy to have found this book and know after reading it it will be treasured by them.