Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 27, 2014
The only reason why I didn't give five stars to this book is because it looks pretty awful in the first Kindle edition. It gets really hard and blurry to read, so my first advice is: either buy the paperback version of this book or make sure you have a very recent version of Kindle. It should look better in a better-definition display.

Regarding the contents, this book is hilarious. If you follow up with The Oatmeal's posts, you won't see many news here. This books is a compilation of the funniest and most useful posts (I personally find the Types of High Fives post extremely useful) and a couple of new ones (too bad that he didn't include the "What if your brain was your imaginary friend", because I really like that one). If you liked the posts on the site and feel like re-reading them, then sure, go ahead and grab this book.
on March 4, 2011
There is no place for exaggeration and unctuous praise in any review but I fear any fan runs the risk of coming across this way.

I dutifully pre-ordered this volume and it was worth every penny.

What's so great about this book?

1. It's by the Oatmeal. Yeah, I know- duh.

2. It contains a decent chunk of the classic comics plus some new ones and a removable poster. Sure it would been a wonderful addition to have the articles but hey, then it would have cost much more than $7 and change. It's printed on high-quality paper and quite simply, a colourful addition to any collection. Not personally into such things but it might also be someone's answer to the ideal micro-coffee table book.

3. Not a single wasted page, which is amazing. Every book, whether it's a textbook or nursery rhymes has b.s. pages that are blank. This did not. What can I say, I like efficiency and one less dead tree.

Are any of the things I've enumerated reasons to help feed Inman for a day? Of course not.

I won't pretend this book is life-changing, some overused adjective on par with AWESOME!!!, or that it's even necessary reading. A lot of this stuff is already online, so big whoop, right?

Well... it cracks me up that this shot straight to the (very nearly) top amidst self-help, dieting, and pulp fiction. Therefore, I say make this baby shine.

Help keep America semi-literate!
on August 6, 2017
I never knew that dolphins were such jerks! I am so glad I bought this book, it has opened my eyes to so many dolphin-related cruelties. All joking aside though, it's a hilarious book with excellent tips and guides on how to live a better life.....Okay, not really BUT it is a brilliantly illustrated book that has relatable takes on common (and some not-so-common) situations. Highly recommend, but do keep in mind that it is not for children and should be treated as such. Enjoy!
VINE VOICEon May 28, 2014
Inman's first collection is a mixed bag. Some of the bits in here are hilarious riffs on society, such as why phone calling is painful, the horrid experiences we all share iwth pedestrians, and airplane rides from doom. Some of the bits are educational: Tesla vs. Edison; the history of beer; Pig facts. Then, unfortunately, there are the duds. When Inman misfires, he misfires grandly. The five page segment on a poetry spouting pterodactyl is horrible!

Overall, this was entertaining, but not as good as the newest collection about 'Grizzly Bears.'

I will keep reading!
on January 16, 2014
I purchased the kindle edition of this book a while ago. I downloaded it to my phone, and my e pad, and every other device I own. Whenever I need a good laugh, or I am just having a bad day, or just am bored in an airport, I pull this out and re-read parts of it. I get a kick out of it every time.

My mom is one of those prim and proper type of people. When on vacation with my mother, I was horrified to walk into our room with her reading this off my e-pad, but she was laughing. As vulgar and gross as some of the things are in this book, my mom actually asked me if there was a way to transfer this book to her kindle. I guess it is just so over the top goofy, that someone like my mom even found it entertaining.
on September 10, 2012
This is a book of humor from theoatmeal.com. If you have not heard of theOatmeal, go there now. If you have no sense of humor then you should probably move on.

The construction of the tome itself is very high quality and shiny. I like shiny things. It has that new book smell too, of course, so you can get that high which is rarer and rarer these days. (e-books, I am looking at you) One of the issues is that as you are reading it on the can; you will find it is hard to balance opening the book, holding it open to read the juicy bits that are always on the interior fold and not creasing the binding. I tend to obsess about new book quality, but not so much as to not keep them near the crapper. You probably do not ever want to borrow a book from me. Or anyone for that matter; as we all know this is where 98% of the reading is done.

Get the book, you will have a laugh and something nice to put on the toilet tank.
on September 13, 2012
When I was 5 years old, I found myself lost on the wrong side of the tracks in our town's aquatic mammal district. I feared for my life as I tried to find my way home past the piercing, judgmental eyes of distrustful porpoises and narwhals. I made a wrong turn and ended up in an alleyway surrounded by bottlenose dolphins. They stole my super mario brothers wallet that contained $3.49 and a coupon for a free Quarter Pounder with Cheese with purchase of a large Coca-cola product. I will never be able to forget the feeling of those moist flippers slapping me around. I was only able to wrestle myself free by punching one of them in the blowhole. I escaped while they were distracted and was able to make it home without further harm. For this, I have my own personal 6th reason to punch a dolphin in the mouth; sweet, sweet revenge.
on November 17, 2013
Dolphins have always rubbed me the wrong way with their smarmy clicks and whistles and leering smiles. I have always wanted to punch them, and thanks to this book I now have 5 very good reasons to do so the next time I encounter one. This book will also teach you how to text, use facebook, ready your pets for war, hunt unicorns and it will totally validate your decision to keep a Canadian as a pet. Thanks to The Oatmeal, I am now a happier, healthier human being with improved spelling skills and a crazy amount of interesting facts about beer, pigs, coffee and Nikola Tesla. This book even alerted me to the fact that my family is planning to kill and eat me. Without it I would surely be dead.
on July 20, 2016
This book is a great addition to any Oatmeal fans! I got this for a friend and he loved it; it was his type of humor!! When my bf saw the book, he quickly bought one as well! The humor is pretty quirky and unexpected and provides more than a few chuckles. This is a great coffee table book or even a bathroom novel. I plan to get the other books by The Oatmeal! :)
on December 15, 2012
I am a fan of the Oatmeal, so I thought that I would purchase his book as one of my first Kindle eBooks. It is pretty much as funny as I expected, however a few caveats:
1) most of the comics appear to be available on his website, but I like to support artists whom I enjoy.
2) it's rather short
And 3) I read this on a Kindle HD 8.9, and because this book is mostly from web comics, there's little text. Most of the comics appear very small on the screen, and when you double-tap to enlarge them, it appears that the resolution stays the same. Therefore, it's oftentimes very hard to make out the words in the comics. Hopefully, this can be resolved in the future.