Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 9,675 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10,790 reviews
on October 22, 2015
I had a NDE after a serious motorcycle accident when I was 33 years old - I'm now 70! The experience will always be with me! Our Creators name is LOVE!!! Sometimes when I tell my story, the reactions are good and sometimes people just think the brain is reacting to the death process! I only wish I had the ability to express in words what took place, however, I now realize, that words can never express the LOVE that that I felt and the removal of all hate! Hate does not live in that realm, and can never live there! To feel totally immersed in LOVE, cannot be put into the languages of this world - I've tried and failed. I will tell you this much - all religions fail - ALL. Our creator is so far beyond this nonsense that I can't even put it in words! All I know is that I will always LOVE my creator, OM, or what ever name you want to use! I really stopped caring if people believed me or not, however, when they want to know what I experienced - I'm always happy to tell them what happened to me - as best I can - with the limitations that language can express! What a great book! Thanks to you Doctor; now others may understand what I went through! Rather you are a believer or not, Religious or Attheist, Agnostic, or what ever you are, at the very least you will come away with questions, that will at least make you wonder!!! I actually feel blessed that my Creator had me go through this in my Life - as painful as it was! It really made me look at Life in a much different way! Sorry for going on and on, but, I really appreciated this book, especially from a neurosurgeon! All I know is; that to me it was no dream! This was so different that I know it will be with me until I return to my Creator. What an experience! I thought my life was over at age 33, however, he/she, Creator, OM, Love, Truth, has shown me what Life really is! I hope all, and I mean all find what I found! Maybe, just maybe, this world or realm we live in would become a better place!
22 comments| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2016
Proof of Heaven was the most inspirational book I have ever read. Doctor Eben Alexander's story about his near death experience was confirmation to me, about our lives after death. Any small doubt I may have had through the years is gone. I am just a happy ordinary person, living a happy ordinary life and have very little formal education, so I had to really concentrate to understand parts of the book. But, when Dr. Alexander wrote of his experiences in Heaven, I fully understood what I was reading. I felt his words had to be guided by God Himself. Words to be shared with others. Words anyone could understand. I thank Dr. Alexander for stepping out of the previous life he lived into a life of total belief, and for sharing that experience with all who read his book or hear him speak. Now, having read this book, I totally understand my own near death experience.
on January 1, 2017
Very interesting read. This book makes you think about your own beliefs and expands your mind to consider what else may be true. I would definitely recommend.
on April 2, 2014
This books potential readership falls into three categories:

1. Those who are convinced there is an afterlife.
2. Those who are convinced that life ends with the death of our body.
3. Those who think there must be something beyond our material existence but have no experience on which to base this belief.

Eben Alexd claims he wrote this book for those in category 3, in which I am included.

Proof of Heaven confirms much of what William Bray discloses in Quantum Physics, Near Death Experiences, Eternal Consciousness, Religion, and the Human Soul, but there the resemblance ends. Bray's unfocused memoir is virtually impenetrable to anyone who isn't a physics scholar. If not for the monumentality of the subject matter I would have given up on it. In spite of the Bray's scientific credentials, the sloppiness of his writing casts a shadow on his credibility.

Eben Alexander, on the other hand, has gone to the time and trouble of writing a book that is a pleasure, rather than a chore, to read. Proof of Heaven is clean, clear, precise, and credible. The author neatly balances the facts of his personal history and family background, with his "adventure" in the non-material world. For this reader, Proof of Heaven was a life altering experience. At 78 years of age, death has morphed from hypothetical to an imminent inevitability. It was therefore a comfort to be reassured by someone who has plunged into the abyss and survived to tell the tale. The message Eben Alexander delivers is a familiar one: 'Good News, God is Love.'

True, his (admittedly inadequate) description of the afterlife (i.e. "heaven") is not entirely a pretty picture but anything is preferable to oblivion. Right?

Right?
on February 15, 2017
A fascinating view of the beyond by an initially skeptical medical doctor/neurosurgeon.
on May 13, 2017
Very well written and insightfully articulated. He gave his story a credibility quotient often missing in reports on this subject. His argument is clear, focused and compelling. Perhaps his story will open the door for further scientific conversation. I recommend reading it.
on December 30, 2016
A very interesting and enlightening story. You could feel the authors emotions in his writing of the story.Thank you for sharing this with us.
on May 20, 2017
Have read many stories about experiences similar to these. Most resently "Dying to be Me" Makes the words in the Torah "HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD YOUR GOD IS ONE" come to life.
on March 29, 2016
This is very interesting book. When my Mother was in her 70s she fell and broke a hip-while in the emergency room her heart stopped and she was technically dead for a short period. She was resucitated and brought back from death, but she was sorry that ever happened as while she was medically dead she has the most wonderful feelings she ever had in her life and was rather angry she had to return.
on January 14, 2014
I could never reconcile what I read in the Bible with what I feel about "God" or "The Light". But this account of a Near Death Experience by such a credible person seals the deal for me. This on top of many other similar accounts I am reading about in Raymond Moody's books, and others. This is the closest any of us alive today are going to get to the truth about what is really "out there". People who live in our time, educated with the information available to us today, and uncontaminated by ancient cultural beliefs and centuries of tampering with the accounts - these people of our own time telling us what they have experienced after "death" and discrediting the idea that this is just some kind of electrical brain misfire is the closest thing we can get to the truth. It is far from being the complete answer but it is an amazing story. It certainly gives the reader much to think about. After reading this I downloaded all the other books I could find on Near Death Experiences (NDEs). This information now gives me a new filter with which to process religious information. Did Moses have an NDE? Back in those days it must have been so extraordinarily rare for anyone to survive one. Was the whole religion based on someone having an NDE and then interpreting that as giving him power to "speak for God"? Interesting. Or was real information conveyed to him during his NDE which then became contaminated with all the "laws of Man"? Is the "God of Moses" really just the same loving light force that everyone sees after crossing over? I don't know the answers. But this is definitely a book that everyone should read.