Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on August 29, 2011
I bought this book after trying a recipe by Pete Evans from the June issue of Food and Wine. The recipe was "Whole Grilled Fish with Crispy Garlic and Red Chiles" and you basically marinate a whole fish (snapper in my case) and wrap in a banana leaf then grill it. I loved it because I was able to get locally, fresh caught snapper and pick the banana leaves off my banana tree in the back yard and grill it next to the pool while enjoying a cold one. My guests loved it as well and even though it was easy to prepare, the dish had an exotic flare about it.

The book is full of easy to prepare, deliciously different meals. Most of the recipes can be cooked over an open flame or bbq. I have both in my back yard, but prefer to use the charcoal / wood bbq because of the flavor it imparts to my meals.

So far, I've only cooked one dish from the book as I only just received it about 1 week ago, but already I'm loving it. The "grilled corn with chili and lime" was am amazingly delicious different way to prepare a bbq staple such as corn on the cob. I paired the corn up with Pete's suggestion of "Marinated pork chops with pineapple and ginger mojo". Another easy recipe to prepare and equally as delicious and different.

Another great feature I love about the book is that there are plenty of big, colorful pictures to accompany the recipes.

Last but not least Pete even included drink recipes to go along with the dishes and they are just as amazing. I mixed up a batch of "Fish House Punch" as a pre-dinner drink and it was a hit and sooo good.

All in all, this is a great book to add to your collection, especially if you like to cook outdoors as much as I do. The only thing I'm bummed about is that some of the recipes in the June issue of Food and Wine weren't in the book. If you get a chance, find a copy of June's Food and Wine and check out the recipes he has in there. The "Easy Grilled Paella" looks awesome!

Cheers!
Dennis
on October 30, 2015
great grilling ideas
on November 4, 2014
Great book simple recipe's
VINE VOICEon May 24, 2011
Just a few thoughts about this book...it is a keeper!!! Beautiful photos, amazing food, great drinks, sides and even a dessert or two. Recipes are easy to follow and are healthy, too.
I love the fish recipes. There is a pancetta wrapped grilled trout that we just made this past week end...yummy...

I love the grilled fruit recipes and we can't wait to try the homemade Bloody Mary!!!

Cheers!!!
on May 22, 2011
I just recived my copy and can hardly wait to get to work testing out the recipies. Everything looks amazing. I just can't wait!
on July 10, 2011
I was terribly disapointed in this cookbook. I expected to find something new and interesting after readng reviews, but it was very ordinary.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2011
My husband saw this book at William Sonoma and liked it. The first few pages were intriguing, but not much of interest that we would probably cook in the remainder of the book.
on June 14, 2011
I saw Pete on the Today Show. He made his Rum n' Coke Ribs. They looked SCRUMPTIOUS!! I had an Amazon gift card from subscribing to the Wall Street Journal, so the bottom-line cost for the book was less than $2including shipping!!

I read it like a novel, perusing each and every recipe. There are tons of great recipes in the book. I have to admit... I don't even own a grill yet!! This book was my inspiration to get one! But I haven't yet... the only problem I've found with the book is that it asks for very specialized ingredients from specialty stores. I don't frequent specialty stores because of the typical costs and inconvenience. That's not to say you can't substitute & improvise. I'll let you know if I do...