Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,615 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,952 reviews
on August 31, 2017
This is "Soul Food" !!! I just love playing the CD's in my car. The messages are well done. I am looking forward to getting more Soul stories.
on December 17, 2013
As a writer of Chicken Soup stories I was truly disappointed in this book. Unlike ANSWERED PRAYERS, MIRACULOUS MESSAGES FROM HEAVEN, and many others with a faith theme, this book actually allowed far too many of the authors to get preachy. Now most of the time, as a contributor to Chicken Soup, the instructions read that you do not preach. I felt this book allowed it, and allowed far too much of it. The stories were not showing the faith finding as much as telling. Now normally I read Chicken Soup before falling asleep. But this book was just a little boring and I found myself sleepy after just one story. As much as I love the Chicken Soup family of books, this particular one just didn't measure up.
on March 19, 2015
Wonderful book for empty-nesters or soon-to-be empty-nesters. It can be a very traumatic time of life for mom (and dad) - this helps get you through it! I bought it for my daughter whose Empty Nest time is fast approaching. I'd recommend it to anyone in this time of life.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2017
Awesome book.I cannot put it down.I cannot wait to get the others in the series. Easy to read short experiences/stories.
on March 26, 2017
I read these stories to my wife everyday who has altzheimers disease and is in an assisted living home and she just loves them.
on August 19, 2017
I needed some encouragement and I ran across this book. I've read some encouraging stories in it, that hit home. Others, not so much. But that's true of any collection of stories.
on July 26, 2015
I bought this about 5 months after my husband lost his battle with cancer. It was helpful to read of other's experiences of loss so I knew I wasn't alone in my loss.
on December 27, 2016
The Chicken Soup books are classic and you can't read more touching stories than those between a dog or cat and their pet parent. Makes you laugh, cry and miss your own pets who have passed. Beautiful stories.
on May 13, 2017
I love the stories that are in the book. It is uplifting gives hope and peace of mind.
on March 28, 2016
Gift for 15 year old. She started reading immediately. Great series. Gives lots of scenarios to talk over for communication with teens.