Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on May 25, 2013
Carlos Nakai is the premier Native American flute performer. I have listened to and enjoyed over 30 albums of his flute music. I first encountered his haunting solo flute melodies on an album that was being played at one of our National Parks and I was immediately entranced. Changes was his first solo flute album followed by many others, Emergence being one of my favorites. I was hesitant to listen when he first collaborated with other musicians and accompanying instruments, but quickly became a fan. I think that Feather, Stone & Light is a little different from other Nakai albums, many of which have a more contemplative and haunting beauty. This album has a light, quick, happy sound that enlivens and inspires you. It is a perfect accompaniment for various activities such as walking or jogging. Listen on this album for the lyraharp guitar on track 10, Running Down the Sun, (played by William Eaton, a master guitar builder, it sounds like a banjo); the didjeridu on track 17, Afternoon at Uluru, reminiscent of the Out Back; and on track 18, Stealing Thunder, the 3 different drums (played by William Clipman) that are accompanied by the thunder in the distance. This album can be played and enjoyed endlessly.
on May 23, 2017
cd good quality. a blend of American, good stuff
on March 6, 2017
I thought it would be more soothing like some of his other work.
on September 25, 2016
This is an older music album, but I've just discovered it and am enjoying it very much - unusual instruments combined in innovative music. I recently acquired 2 other CDs of Carlos Nakai and love his flute playing. In this particular album, the flute enhances and is in turn enhanced by the other instruments, which are at times further enhanced by chanting.
on February 12, 2014
This is a great cd, every penny worth spending. This is one of my favorite cd's in my collection of native American flute music!
on December 25, 2016
Great relaxation music. I listen to it while getting a massage.
on November 14, 2013
My first CD was a gift that I enjoyed very much. It was lost when I moved, so I searched online until I located it and am now enjoying it once again. Absolutely beautiful and soothing music. I would recommend this to anyone.
on January 29, 2014
Not just your usual flute music by Nakai. This is a more updated version of his music with the instrumentals of Eaton and Clipman. I first heard some of the music from this cd when I saw them live in Sacramento, CA. I had a copy on tape and wanted to have it on my kindle.
on February 7, 2017
nice
on March 2, 2016
arrived very quickly and was exactly as described