Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Uniden HS910 Headset for Cordless Phones
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 17, 1999
The Uniden HS-910 Headset is poorly made, the headset that I recommended in my prior review is the AT&T 90800 Mini Headset, Amazon.com sells them, costs less, too.
11 comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2000
I decided I wanted a headset so that I could talk on the phone while doing work or cooking around my house. I looked at both this Uniden headset and the AT&T one that is also sold on Amazon. Even though I read the reviews on here that said this headset can easily break I went ahead and bought one for cheap off the Amazon.com Outlet. I used it for a few months and was pretty happy with it. It was comfortable on my head, easy to adjust, sounded good, and I never got any complaints from people I was talking to.
Then it broke.
So now I'm about to shell out some more money for the AT&T headset and I figured I'd share my new found wisdom with everyone else.
on November 20, 2001
I've had this headset purchased with a Uniden phone. It was fine until the cheap plastic headstrap broke. I fixed it with electrical tape but now the microphone stopped working. I can hear others but they can't hear me. There's got to be a better headset for the same or less than this cheap toy.
on July 8, 2001
I am a professional online therapist and I do phone consultations all day. I have to have two things, a good phone and a good pair of headsets. I have been through so many it would make your head spin! I recommend AT&T's headset, which I found at my local Target store. This pair had very poor sound quality... and I heard a slight echo of my own voice when speaking of them. Not something I would reccomend. Good luck!
on September 21, 1999
the headband is designed with one very weak point, where it easily breaks
on December 18, 1999
I used this headset often for about a year and have no complaints. The sound quality was good both receiving and transmitting. No one that I asked was able to guess that I was speaking into a headset microphone, so background noise pickup was not a problem.
This set was stable on my head and did not need constant adjustments once set. It survived my office where I'm sure I must have dropped, kicked, and stepped on it more than once.
Other headsets I have an amount of experience with are the Andrea NC80, and some Labtecs. This is superior. I'm buying another HS-910 to replace the one that went back with the defective Uniden phone. If there was another headset for the $$, that I felt was better, I would get it.
on November 17, 1999
I have seen the headphone that is described here, what a bulky, flimsy, poorly adjustable thing.
The one that I received with my Lucent Tech 900 Mhz Analog Model 9107 works great on the Uniden 900 Mhz DSS Model 9960 that I have. It is an interesting design, a loop that clips the earpiece over the top of your ear, not around your head, with an adjustable microphone angle. Hard to describe, but very, comfortable. Do not know if they are sold separately, but highly recommended.
on October 16, 2000
I have had 3 of these headsets. The flimsy headband of the first one snapped when I accidentally pulled the cord (not very hard, either). I glued it together, and in total it worked for about 6 months. A crackling noise developed, and then the microphone stopped working. So I bought another one via Amazon auctions,... This new one worked for only 2 weeks, then the cracklng started, and then the microphone stopped working. I wrote to Amazon, and they speedily replaced it for free. This third headset worked for about 6 months, then guess what? Yes, crackling followed by no sound from the mike.
I have had it! Don't buy this headset.
I will note that the sound quality was good compared to Plantronics.
on October 22, 2005
I've tried a lot of headsets in the below $25 category and this is best for sound quailty.With other headsets either I sound muffled or the person I am talking to is too quiet or muffled. With the Uniden I can hear people clearly and they can hear me perfectly. Most people don't even know I'm on a headset. Some of the reviewers have had problems with the microphone but in all I've had 5 of these and have never had a microphone problem. (I have three phones that use headsets.)I will agree that they can break easily but I found a fix for that - the headband has a weak point where it extends for larger heads. I just put tape around that point so it can't extend and not one has broken since. I've rated this 4 instead of 5 stars because of having to tape it so it won't break.
on April 10, 2004
I had one that worked for a year that came with the original phone. Then, I just ordered this one from Amazon and it worked for 30 days. Like other reviews you see here, people started not being able to hear me, but I could hear them. So the microphone broke. But, I called Uniden tech support and they recommended I replace the battery on the phone for $37. So, I just ordered a new phone and tested the headset -- sure enough it wasn't the phone -- it was the headset. A costly mistake. I would not buy this headset again. Also, Amazon has a 30 day return policy, so if it breaks, make sure you return it within that 30 days or you are stuck with it.

See 1 answered question