Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(1 star). See all 872 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 23, 2017
I probably used this 15 times and it worked great. Well now it's not working. I would not buy another from this company.
on April 14, 2016
I've had this for less than 2 years and the glass shield shattered all over the kitchen and myself while i was washing it. It went down my shirt which scratched me up a little bit, it went in my hair my clothes EVERYWHERE!!! I will be calling the manufacturer and filing a complaint about this. I DO NOT recommend this product at all!!!!!
review imagereview image
33 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2012
I've never used this product, I haven't been able to use it as it was broken when I took it out of the box. One of the skewer rods wasn't attached to the gear that turns the meat, it doesn't work using the one remaining rod. I bought this as a Christmas present for my husband, I hid it in the attiac & forgot about it, when I remembered it earlier this year it was too late to return it to the store, so I called Ronco customer service, as it was still under "warranty". The first person was too dumb to figure out that it was still in the six months "warranty" & told me that part would be $24.95 plus $18.00 shipping, & asked if I needed to buy more of the ties so tried to sell me some. I pointed out that I'd never used & couldn't use it, so why would I want more of something I couldn't use? So I called back, getting someone who could count to six, who told me it would cost $20.00 for shipping as it was under "warranty," & they'd want me to mail back to them the defective part. That's original cost + $20.00 + time/labor/cost to pack & ship back = turkey cooked in oven.
on January 5, 2016
We received this for Christmas as a gift. We bought a chicken and were ready to rotisserie! I unpacked and quickly realized one of the skewers had fallen out of the spit assembly. (They are fixed on one side with a set screw.) I tried to reinstall and tighten and noticed the screw had been misaligned when initially inserted. The threads were damaged and it couldn't be tightened! Not thinking it was big deal (and since the bird was seasoned and ready to go,) I precariously held everything together while jockeying the 5lb chicken and spit into place. Easy fix, right? Wrong!

I called Ronco the next day and was quickly informed this unit is 'no longer supported.' No parts, no accessories, and no warranty! "Set it and forget it?" No! Just Forget it 'cause you can't set it.... up... right....without maybe dropping your meat on the floor.

Thankfully Amazon is great about these things. Their customer service rep apologized and issued a return label. Sadly, it's going back, because the chicken was actually pretty good.
on December 12, 2012
I purchased my first Ronco rotisserie several years ago and was very happy with it. I used it regularly and was very happy with the results. After misplacing some parts to it, I decided to replace it with a new one and since then it has been a disaster. I purchased a new one through Amazon which did not have a working rotisserie part. I returned it for a refund without any hassle from Amazon. Although hesitant, I purchased another Ronco rotisserie on sale through Sears and at first it worked fine. After a mere 5 uses the heating element quit working. I emailed the Ronco service department and never received a reply. I have searched for a replacement part and have found that it is never in stock. I am very disappointed in the Ronco product and it's service department and believe that it is hit or miss with the product. Some work great for years, but others are lemons right from the start and the customer service at Ronco is all but non-existant. I think it is reasonable after spending close to $150 to expect a few years of use out of a product. I wouldn't recommend the company or the product.
on May 21, 2017
I had one of the Showtime Rotisseries years ago... something similar to this model. It worked great, and the chicken was wonderful. But after time and several chickens, something ate through the plastic base where the door's hinge pins rotate and that part of the base broke, rendering the unit useless. (I don't know if it was oil from the foods, or just heat from the oven... but something ruined it over time.)

I tried to contact the company about this to find out what to do, or if there was a fix... and never heard back from them.

Bottom line: Ronco wants your money, not your confidence in their products. Buy at your own risk.
on August 3, 2017
I have a lemon, apparently. Third time I went to use it - the digital timer will not - simply WILL NOT set to anything other than 59 minutes at best. And even then I had to coax it to 59 by repeatedly pressing the +10 button until something finally showed. The hour button will not work. And the -10 minute will not work. This was not owner abuse - it was never submerged in water - it was not dropped or beaten (but today I'm tempted to beat it.) UPDATE: I contacted the folks at Ronco and told them the troubles. They were swift in response - asked a couple questions and proof of purchase (which was easy via Amazon) and the issued a replacement Rotisserie at no cost to me. I rarely have good experiences with company warranty promises but this was impressive. Thank you RONCO.
on January 4, 2016
It's discontinued!!!!!!!! Called the Ronco company due to a noise issue and was advised this was discontinued. Returning it!
on January 13, 2012
I bought this product through Amazon back in October of last year. The Ronco "spitrod" assembly broke basically after two Chickens (that would seem like a no-brainer since rotisserie chicken is what the thing is designed for... no?) - the rod basically fell out of one side making the unit unsuable. I called Ronco's customer service number and they promptly told me - not a warranty issue (odd, but ok, I want to use my machine). Then I ordered a new spitrod assembly - some 35 bucks. After waiting for three months - no rod. After calling them in December, it's some call center with the woman telling me "it's out of stock" yadda yadda... it's coming. No rod. I call today - my order never got entered or fulfilled, and I have to call back in February so that I might have the chance of ordering the rod assembly. What a joke - I paid hundreds for this thing... it worked two times... it broke, I can't order the assembly... and it's a huge fricking ROCK without the rod assembly. Save your money and work with a different company... "Mr. Spray hair" and his call center never seem to have anything in stock... they don't stand behind their products... and even when you offer to pay for the replacements... they don't have it and won't backorder it. So - if that's what you want - hope your product you bought today never breaks... because once it does - you might as well throw it out.
on October 15, 2017
This is the worse Ronco that I have ever owned. The spit rotates much to slow. I have ruined at lease two roasts with this particular one. It cooks too much on the outside and not enough in the middle. I called Ronco and they told me that this is the new way. I followed their cooking time and it is way off. I have one at my summer home and I don't have any problems with it. At this point and time I would not recommend this Ronce Rotisserie to anyone.,

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.