Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 592 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 696 reviews
on July 18, 2017
Fun fast paced, enchanting update and very enjoyable. Some, who have written a negative review about not being comfortable with the color and diversity of this production, sound like .... Let's see, an African-American Cinderella, strike one. A Filipino Prince, strike two. An evil White stepmother, strike three! How dare they tint a classic fairy-tale with color and diversity, which goes against your traditional vision of virtually all children classics? This production was long overdue and should be commended, not because it breaks stereotypes, but because it is a very well performed and enjoyable movie!
Brandy does a decent job as Cinderella, and evokes the charm and innocence needed to pull the role off. Whitney is fantastic (and I’m not a big Whitney fan). Bernadette Peters is great as is the rest of the cast. Compared to the Leslie-Ann Warren, mid 60’s version, which is very slow, sparse, and poorly acted, this version is like a breath of fresh air. My daughter has seen both versions and can’t sit through the 60’s version. I think those who reminisce about that version, think of it kindly because we saw it as children and it takes us back to a time of our innocence. You can find the 60’s TV version at most blockbusters, but if you watch it and then watch this updated version of Cinderella, I think you’ll agree that this 1997 version is an improvement!
on July 29, 2017
A white king, a black queen, and a Filipino prince? IT'S POSSIBLE! Brandy in the role of a lifetime? IT'S POSSIBLE! Whitney Houston being nothing less than fabulous? IT'S POSSIBLE! A movie you could miss and go on living your life to the fullest? IMPOSSIBLE!

From catchy songs, colorful wardrobes, and over-exaggerated acting, this movie is a delight. With Brandy's frosted blue eyeshadow and the best graphics a 90s made-for-TV movie can buy, this is one masterpiece you need to bring home and into your hearts, otherwise you'll end up sitting in your own little corner, all alone in your own little chair.
on October 8, 2016
Bought this as a gift for a friend. The box was a bit damaged, but we didn't care. We were excited to re-watch this film after its original airing. I'm not sure if it's still on TV/Disney channel. (I don't have cable.) But, it's a fun production, great for the whole family.
on September 22, 2014
My sister and I used to watch this movie so much growing up! I was really glad to find it and now my daughter loves this movie as well. Initially, yes, it's a little weird seeing a white man and a black woman have an Asian son (who marries a black woman). But growing up, no one I know mentioned anything about this and my daughter hasn't batted an eye at it either. I think it's more adults who see this while the kids just enjoy the story. Heck, if it bothers you that much just think of it as the king and queen adopted. Also, I enjoyed seeing a beautiful African-American Cinderella, that way my daughter doesn't feel the only princess she can be is Tiana.
on September 13, 2014
I have always loved Cinderella since I was a little girl, but this version of it I liked the best. One thing is that nobody cared what race/color you were. Families were mixed with all different nationalities. The singing, of course, was superb. You are never too old for fairy tales. It leaves you with a smile on your face.
on January 2, 2014
My family cannot get enough of Cinderella stories. This Roger and Hammerstein production with a color blind cast is a particular jewel with the late Whitney Houston playing the Fairy Godmother and Brandy as Cinderella. Everyone is pitch perfect and perfectly charming. There are some great songs like "Falling in Love" sung by the marvelous Bernadette Peters playing the wicked step mother that I have not heard in other Roger and Hammerstein productions. The duet "Someone for Me" is also left out of some productions. The sets, costumes and style of this production add visual interest as well. Check out Cinderella's cottage--particularly the kitchen and it's pocket doors. If I had a kitchen like hers, I might want to stay in my own little corner a whole lot more.
on February 21, 2017
love brandy and the rest of the cast in this version of cindrellla
the songs are great too and the late whitney Houstons song impossible for she is her fairy godmother
on April 27, 2012
Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella

Wonderful classic old-fashioned made modern Cinderella movie starring Brandy, Jason Alexander, Whoopi Goldberg, Whitney Houston and Bernadette Peters.

I give this movie a TWO THUMBS UP!! I am not a teenie bopper by no means and wasn't sure if I would like this movie but much to my surprise, I was taken in my the whole show.

Brandy stars as Cinderella who suffers torment of her wicked stepmother and spoiled stepsisters. Cinderella dreams of going to the ball and dancing with the prince. Her fairy godmother (Houston) teaches her that with positive thinking and belief in yourself, "Impossible things happen every day!"
on June 26, 2017
My plan is to collect all the Cinderella versions and this is my favorite addition to my collection.
on March 20, 2017
I grew up watching this Cinderella. Whitney Houston is the best fairy godmother ever!!! Brandy was amazing as Cinderella. Paolo Montoban did an incredible job as the prince.