Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on January 30, 2002
I just hooked up my 3rd Pioneer receiver since 1970. I bought the biggest speakers they had then. Book shelve 6-way all 4 with 15" woofers. My first was only 70 watt to drive these 100-watt speakers. In 1985 #2 Pioneers first Dolby surround, with 60 watts to all 4 speakers. Finally #3 just recently the D710s which pushes a powerful 100 watts to the 4 speakers I have, with room to add Tv center sound and a sub-woofer. The sub-woofer not needed with my speakers. Once you set up the various Pro-Logic and DSP modes this baby sounds as good as the best theater you have ever been in including IMAX. It gives you exact control of all channels which contrary to the above review surround you with full spectrum of the complete sound source. Yes, and it does work from Tv, Dvd, and the VCR never sounded any better. My only problem is there is no Phono jacks, and since the 70's I have lots of vinyl. However, whens the last time you bought a record? This unit is priced right and delivers way more than you can use in a typical living room. If you want to hear it all, nothing less than 100 watts, nothing less then Pioneer, for a lifetime of entertainment.
on December 23, 2001
It's a little confusing with all the different remote switching to get to the various other options. I haven't found that the sound has been as powerful sounding with this as my replaced Yamaha of 15 years had. Of course, the most obvious reason is that I'm only getting sound from the center, and two fronts, instead of all five plus the sub. The reason is that the surround sound is only activated with use of the DVD player and not from the cd or tv, or VCR. You could set the speakers to utilize 'speaker B' at the speaker input, but that would be continuous replacing of hookups to the back. I haven't found a way to get my PS2 to connect throughput to the receiver and on to the tv unit from there. I like it, but I'm not overwhelmed.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.