Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Speedo Hydrospex Swim Goggle
Color: Clear|Change

VINE VOICEon November 15, 2015
I lap swim 1-3x/week, 1000-2000yd each time. When I first started my swimming routine, I bought these goggles. I loved them- they fit well, didn't leak, and didn't fog too badly. However, with constant use, they got scratched up, and I decided to try something new just for the heck of it.

I have been through Speedo Vanquisher goggles, two pairs of Kayenne goggles, and Cressi Flash goggles, and I have hated them all.
-The Vanquishers fog quickly, are not easy to adjust, and the lenses are small.
-The Kaynnes are nice in theory, but underwater, they make your vision super blurry (hence, the two pairs- I returned the first to see if it was a fluke, but both pairs did the same thing).
-I found that the Cressi, which are super similar to the Kayennes, make vision somewhat blurry (but not as bad as the Kayenne) and leak a lot.

Hence, I have a new pair of Hydrospex goggles sitting in my Amazon shopping cart, and I am about to purchase a new pair, because they truly have been the best goggles I've used so far.
89 people found this helpful
on April 23, 2014
See update at bottom... New pair broke immediately, see user photos

Overall these are great goggles. They are comfortable around my head and eyes, keep water out, everything.

However, they don't last that long. I swim 3-4 times a week in the summer, and I usually go through 2 pairs a season. After time the plastic on the eyes will get foggy and scratched, the plastic around the eyes will warp, and the whole thing starts turning yellow.

They are still the best goggles I found for recreational swimming, so get a pair, but if you swim a lot, expect them to wear out before the season is over.

UPDATE: Bought a new pair, they broke after 2 uses, nose piece snapped in half, see photos. Contacted company and was ignored.
review imagereview image
127 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on August 6, 2017
Best. Goggles. Ever! My wife and I are triathletes, and swim 2,500-3,000 yards 2-5 times/week. We have been using these goggles for several years - A plea to Speedo - PLEASE NEVER DISCONTINUE THESE GOGGLES!
The biggest problem with OTHER goggles - leakage! These goggles are soft all around the eye socket, and conform to most facial features, my wife, me and our 12 year old son all use them. I swim in my contact lenses - never any leakage!
The goggles generally last for about 12 months - we usually lose a pair before they wear out.
I have given the Hydrospex goggles as gifts!
Don't delay, buy a pair today!
6 people found this helpful
on October 10, 2017
These are decent goggles at a low price point but do have some major flaws.

I didn't expect too much based on the price point but was looking for some decent goggles for my 2x per week swim workouts. Lesson learned: you get what you pay for. They do fit fairly well and don't irritate my eyes; however, the anti-fog coating worked for about 2 weeks (4 swim sessions) and there is no retainer for the excess strap so it just flaps around in the water. I've never had a pair fo goggles without some way to retain the strap. The only option on these is to cut off the exces which is a hassle and prevents and adjustments down the road.

These are okay for your kids playing around but not recommended for serious swimming or swim workouts.
4 people found this helpful
on December 6, 2015
I have been searching for a good pair of goggles to swim with at the indoor pool. I usually do about an hour twice a week of fast paced swimming. I regularly race tri's, but I've never had any formal training.

I had a pair of Speedos vanquishers that worked well until they started to get old, would fog up and we're getting scratched up.

I would of replaced them, but I could not find a clear pair. I wanted something for indoors.

The hydrospex goggles seemed to do everything right. The only thing that I don't like about them is that they do start to feel tight after a while.

These take a long time before they fog up, and many times they don't at all. They rarely leak. They stay snug without feeling too tight. None of this is 100% though. Some days one of these things seems to happen, but it is never consistent. It probably just has to do with how I put them on.

I tried wrap around goggles, but two different pairs seemed blurry underwater. I've decided that I need something with a flat front like these.

If they were a bit more comfortable, I would give them 5 stars. I also have to say that I have been using Speedo products for many years and their customer service has been fantastic!
5 people found this helpful
on April 23, 2018
I made the mistake of falling into the trap of buy some Chinese goggles a couple of years ago, and greatly regretted it. Those goggles were actually sharp on the bottom of the connector piece on the bridge of the nose, and had my son or daughter swatted the goggles, they probably would have cut the skin - they were that sharp. They also leaked continuously. I bought them at the time based on their rating, but have since been able to figure out that if you consider buying any Chinese product, you bet read they 1-star ratings first, because all the five-star ratings are written with poor English and are obviously fake. I'm at a point now where if a product has a Chinese brand name, I'll look somewhere else. These guys seem to make products that are never "quite right" and usually fail well before they should.

I used the Hydrospex for the first time this past weekend, and aside from some partial lens fogging, they worked flawlessly. They were comfortable and didn't leak one drop of water. So, inexpensive, and they work. What more do you need in a goggle? For anyone seeking a good pair of swim goggles, this is a non-brainer. Highly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on October 10, 2017
rather uncomfortable since it requires a lot of suction to stay on, AND the nose bridge is not adjustable. the foam eyepads and the adjustable nose bridge (the old fashioned goggles) are the way to go. oh, and they want $7 to return these. what a waste. i'll end up throwing them away. thanks again amazon for a very disappointing shopping experience. online shopping is so extremely over hyped. you end up wasting lots of time and money loading up stuff you don't like.
3 people found this helpful
on June 1, 2016
Better named the Tunnel-Vision Ultra-Fog Extremes, these goggles I can honestly say are about the worst I have ever purchased in my years as a regular lap swimmer. The straps flop about your face, there being no clamp for the loose ends, when tight enough to avoid leaking, which causes them to fog to pea-soup visibility rapidly. When you can finally find the correct balance of some loose water inside the goggles to prevent the fogging, you still can't see except straight ahead because of their tubular, non-acquadynamic design.

These are the goggles that have finally pushed me over the limit with the Speedo brand. I'm done. Making products that appear well-made and work well a few days out of the package, rapidly become useless, forcing another purchase is the way businesses of consumer products work, and Speed has it down to an absolute art. Speedo products that did actually work well and durably in the past have all disappeared in favor of pieces of trash like these. Steer clear!
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 29, 2015
I've been using TYR googles for the last few years, but they keep breaking about every 9 months and finally TYR told me to basically F off, they were tired of providing me warranty replacements. I might have a skinny nose so a lot of fixed width googles will leak on me, but these puppies didn't leak and were so clear. I seriously saw so many new things in my pool I had never seen before. I'm sure like all things in chlorine they will eventually break, the question is how long is that and how will Speedo handle a warranty.
3 people found this helpful
on March 10, 2014
The last time I bought swimming goggles was probably 1992, so I was a bit leery of these goggles at their relatively low price point. They fit great, and they don't leak much at all. I exert myself pretty hard when I swim (i.e., I am out of shape), and they don't seem to fog up very badly. Every now and then I need to de-fog them, but mostly they're great. They stay in place, they don't leak, and they're adjustable. I particularly like that adjusting them is not particularly easy to do -- yes, I like that it's hard to adjust the length, because that makes the length very stable and secure. They're good goggles, particularly if it's been 20+ years since you've bought goggles.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.