Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 159 reviews
on June 25, 2010
These are a bit funny, if you put the left one in the right ear and the right one in the left ear then the sound quality is no good. And they tend fit too loosely.

So you must put the left one in the left ear and vise-versa. Then the sound quality is nice, and then they fit better.

It would be nice if it came with foam covers so it would block outside noise. Also they would stay more snugly in the ears. Fortunately though, I did find an old pair of foam covers and slipped them on them and they now work great!

I use them about 2 to 4 hours every day to listen to lectures and classes and I am happy about it. The sound is very realistic, like in a theater.

But it would be better if they came with foam pads, then they would be the PERFECT ear-bud.
on June 4, 2008
This is one of the best earbuds in its class. They are loud , have good quality, and so far have proven to be durable. now a few warnings, these are "open air earbuds" they are built so that you can hear the outside, cars, conversations, etc. so with that in mind it is impossible for incredible sound quality but these headphones are definitely superior to the iPod headphones in sound quality. They fit my ears perfectly and never fell out on their own. The connector and earbuds feel cheap and light but so far they have proven sturdy and when in you're ears they fell fine. these headphones are a great replacement for the iPod headphones and are a steal at such a low price.
on August 27, 2011
I don't know why anyone rated this anything higher than 3 stars. I buy things on Amazon based on its extremely high rating among its users and buyers, and I was really excited. However, the audio quality of these earphones are seriously bad. Not hissing and popping bad - NO BASS AND ARTIFICIAL SOUNDING bad.

I don't know. If you don't care about bass in your music, I suppose these will work. I'm sorely disappointed because my iPod earphones must have spoiled me. I can't believe something that came with my iPod works miracles compare to these things.
on June 26, 2013
What is with the crazy price on these things? I have bought a bunch of them, my last order for seven pairs a little over two hears ago. The current price is ***six times*** what I paid on my last order. And it wasn't the first time that I had bought them; in fact, I think I had previously bought them even cheaper from (or through) Amazon. It may sound like they are not very durable but that is not the case; they are fine in durability and excellent in sound. I just have an unusual requirement and go through a lot of them. Plus, they were so cheap, I felt I could keep a drawer-full around like flashlight batteries.

And now this crazy price? I reflexively give them a single star. Actually, that may not be quite fair. Their performance may be competitive with buds in this definitely-not-disposable price range. But I'd need a very good explanation before I bought them at this price. I think I will scout around a little and see how many stray pairs I have lying around.
on February 25, 2012
For the price you get them at, these headphones are definitely a bargain. However, they're a bit uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time because of how the plastic -- I'm not sure about others, but the one I got, at least, was a bit sharp around the edges. Because of this, and the fact that they also feel very, very light, they appear to be cheaply made and I was worried about the quality upon receiving them.

As for the sound, it becomes a bit distorted at higher volumes and you can hear a slight "white noise" in the background.

I bought these quite a while ago and for some reason, they didn't last very long. I know some people have said they've lasted a good year, but they only lasted me about three-four months before they started to deteriorate. I bought them when they were only $5, so I wasn't upset about the loss, but now that they're $15, I definitely would not purchase them again.
on November 19, 2005
I didn't expect much out of these, but for the price I was impressed. Good range, clear treble that's not tinny, and a lot of volume. There's less bass and midrange than other sets, but not a big deal- I prefer the midrange cut anyway (good for rock) and with the bass turned up higher on a portable player the sound is actually quite good. They are very comfortable in the ear, and the cord, at 44 inches, is just right, not too long or short.

I'd recommend these to anyone looking for an inexpensive spare set of earbuds. I've also had more expensive Panasonic buds, and while there was more bass, the drivers made a horrible popping sound at high volumes. I didn't have this problem at all with the RP-HV152s. If you need a spare set, pick these up- they're definitely a good buy.
on April 11, 2011
I have to say, I did not purchase these ear buds expecting fantastic quality. When buying a six dollar pair of ear buds, you simply don't expect a great deal, right?

Wrong!

The sound quality of these is excellent, better than any earbuds I've owned in the past (and I'm no audiophile, but I've had $20-$50 pairs before). They're definitely not going to astound you with their bass, but their mid and upper range is very good, and not tinny at all. On top of that, there's very little noise pollution/leaking involved. A few inches from my ear and the previously immersive sound experience is hardly detectable. Finally, in terms of comfort they are much better than expected, and I hardly notice they are there. A word on comfort, though: They are just plastic. No rubber, no foam, nothing (which surprised me), but they fit snugly and aren't in the least uncomfortable, even when compared to the nice rubber attachments of my old deceased Plantronics buds.. I hardly notice them!

Pros:
* Price
* Sound quality (unless you're looking for heavy bass)
* Comfortable, though not to the extent of five-attachment molded rubber tips.

Cons:
* Cheap looking (though in my case, this too is a pro)
* Weak low range/bass
on December 4, 2011
These are by far the best deal for ear buds I have ever had, sound is extremely good based on the price, not like my Bose sound which aren't cheap, put for the price, even ones 10 times the price didn't sound this good. The fit to me is the best feature, they hang in the ear not get stuffed in like ear plugs at work. This is good for setting the volume so I can hear surrounding sounds as well. I have been jogging the best part of 25 years and love to have tunes on the go, these are perfect to the point that I bought some more for a total of 5 to have back ups, still on the first after months so what does that tell me. I'm rough on ear phones, my fault, usually rip up the wire, but these so far have way exceeded my normal use and with sound that really works for me. They are ear specific but easy to identify since I can't see the L an R markings without glasses. Price was great, shipping was free, sound is clear, what more to say. These were a deal and the reason I purchased them to begin with was the reviews I read.
on December 1, 2011
I bought these because I had 2 other pairs of ear buds and one of the 2 sides had died out on me on BOTH pairs. I was getting sick of having to be able to only use 1 side of a pair of earbuds. I don't often use earbuds except at night when I want to listen to music without being noisy for the other people in the house. The sound was alright, it is kinda on the bad side when the volume is down low, but when you turn it up a bit it sounds really quiet decent, I'm surprised. One complaint is that you can hear OUTSIDE of the earbuds a bit louder then most other pairs I have used. Not a problem though unless you listen to loud music and have other people close by you in the same room (wouldn't suggest using them at school if you are not allowed to be listening to music, you will likely get caught). Buying them at 5 bucks with free shipping though is what was really awesome. If you just want something to listen to and want to get the best sound for a really low budget, get these, or a similar pair.
on April 5, 2014
Cons: Occasional crackling/fuzziness - I tapped them gently on a hard surface and it stopped. No cover means they're a bit hard sometimes and might fall out easily.

Pros: Sturdy - I used these heavily (had them yanked out repeatedly after getting them caught on door knobs, etc; I wrapped them awkwardly around my mp3 player; tucked them hastily into over-crowded handbags; impatiently de-tangled them from keys and heavy clutches) for several years and only recently did they short out.

Definitely won't bother spending a lot of money on different products for use with my mp3 player - these are great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.